Gun show today. Line at 10:00 when they opened.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

Gun show today. Line at 10:00 when they opened.

Post by Hobie »

Had to wait about 20 minutes to get in. There were ARs and some of the high demand ammo available even after yesterday. NO .22 LR except match ammo. One dealer actually had .22 Shorts though. I bought 3 boxes of .348 Winchester (2 of Silvertips). Yes, I have brass and 9+ boxes of Hornady 200 gr. bullets but I wanted a baseline for reloading and I thought it would help sell the rifle after I'm dead. Lots of disgust with politicians expressed while waiting in the line. NRA table was mighty busy.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Gun show today. Line at 10:00 when they opened.

Post by Blaine »

This is not going unnoticed....Thanks for supporting the effort.....Cabela's had nothing of value for me yesterday...Lot's of good ammo, but, I only got four boxes of 22mag...Mucho, Mucho 12 gauge of all types....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Hobie wrote:Had to wait about 20 minutes to get in. There were ARs and some of the high demand ammo available even after yesterday. NO .22 LR except match ammo. One dealer actually had .22 Shorts though. I bought 3 boxes of .348 Winchester (2 of Silvertips). Yes, I have brass and 9+ boxes of Hornady 200 gr. bullets but I wanted a baseline for reloading and I thought it would help sell the rifle after I'm dead. Lots of disgust with politicians expressed while waiting in the line. NRA table was mighty busy.

Hobie, I know you've wanted to have a 71 for a long time. What did you get? :D
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I fell into a Browning 71 carbine, NIB, for too little money to pass by and too much money to spend... Of course, I immediately ran into a Freedom Arms 97 at the same price point... :roll: I am pretty darn broke right now (gun money broke). It will be a long time working at the gun shop before I have any real money and I'm going to Houston for the NRA Annual meeting so... :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Hobie wrote:I fell into a Browning 71 carbine, NIB, for too little money to pass by and too much money to spend... Of course, I immediately ran into a Freedom Arms 97 at the same price point... :roll: I am pretty darn broke right now (gun money broke). It will be a long time working at the gun shop before I have any real money and I'm going to Houston for the NRA Annual meeting so... :lol:
time to take up a collection for the "poor boys foundation"... :)
pneuby
Levergunner 1.0

Post by pneuby »

LAST weekend's funshow here in Phoenix saw just shy of 14K entrants on Saturday! There lines 300 deep for one ammo seller, and one of his tables, and over 100 deep at his other table. This was constant for the four hours I spent there. Insane. :o
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Hobie wrote:I fell into a Browning 71 carbine, NIB, for too little money to pass by and too much money to spend... Of course, I immediately ran into a Freedom Arms 97 at the same price point... :roll: I am pretty darn broke right now (gun money broke). It will be a long time working at the gun shop before I have any real money and I'm going to Houston for the NRA Annual meeting so... :lol:
Dude, you know the rules...where's the pics :evil: :wink:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Sincerely,

Hobie

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Oooooooh,,,Ahhhhhhh...Wow!!! Shiny!

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I have not been to a gunshow since right before the elections and I'm a gunshow groupie. I can't stand crowds or wanna-be gun people.

Targetmaster just got in 1,000 cs of .223 Rem-Umc 55 gr.FMJ---he is limiting it to 1 case a customer. These cases are the small 200 rd cs for $105.----------------6
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

I went to the gunshow in Marlboro MA today. Advertised as 500 tables but that may have been a bit optimistic. There were 1:45 lines yesterday but 0:15 this morning. There was a steady stream of folks arriving so the hall was pretty well packed by noon.

I have all the guns I need and most of what I want so the $1500-$2400 ARs were not a surprise or problem. All military style rifles were priced at 2X sane prices. There were a lot of lever guns at what passes for normal prices these days. I kinda wish that I wanted one of the Rossi 1892s as they were in abundance for $500 or a bit less.

5.56 and 30 cal. ammo was in short supply and outrageously priced. 22 rimfire ammo was limited to a few boxes of target grade and little else. I was caught a bit short on .22 ammo after the recent unpleasantness and will have to conserve my remaining supply until some semblance of normalcy occurs. To that end, I attended the show to pick up powder and primers.

The largest vendor was limiting purchases to one of each item per customer. He had a little bit of most things available, but I did get the last pound of Bullseye powder. I bought my ration of 1K each of large and small pistol primers. I hit several other vendors and bought a couple thousand primers and a pound or two of powder from each. This will give me enough for practice and match ammo for the next year. Everyone was selling primers for $35-$40 per thousand. Bullseye powder was $20-$27 per pound. In each case I opted to buy at the lower price :wink:

I have a good supply of lead alloy to cast bullets. I just need to get off my behind and get started with the casting while the cold weather lasts.

As I was leaving the show I passed a table with a darn near new Lyman #45 lube/sizer. The reply to "How much?" was $5 ! I darn near sprained my arm getting my wallet out so fast. :lol:

Not a bad day.

Jack
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

H, Caliber on the 97?

I went to the Iowa gun show on Friday night and it was crazier than any show in '08 or '09. We got there just before 4:00, show opened at 5:00. We we're probably 40 or 50th in line but by the time the show opened the wide line was 1/4 mile long. Was really only interested in reloading so I headed off to my favorite table. He had 10,000 SP primers when he opened, none by the time we got there. Still had LR, LP and SPM's but I left em lay. Had some powder and I managed a pound each of BlueDot, Unique, TiteGroup and 4064. Pistol powders were $15.50 and the 4064 just shy of $21. Bulk bullets were non existent and .224 bullets of any flavor were just as bad (although a buddy did manage 100). Very little .22lr ammo. The one dealer that had some and was asking $37.50 for Fed. Bulk and $10/100 for MiniMags.

As for Ar's they were all over the place at big inflated prices. Saw one dealer that didn't even bother to change his price tags, just wrote an extra one in front of his previous price.

Overall there was more powder and LP/LR primers than last time but being the first night of the show I wonder what the tables looked like on Sunday. We left around 6:00 and the line was just as long. They actually opened up a second set of doors for entry, something I had never seen em do before.

Nuts I tell you, Nuts!

Note: Hit up Sportsman's Warehouse afterwards and managed some cheap 12ga. 4 buck. Grabbed 6 boxes only to be informed that they were limiting ammo purchases to a max of 3 boxes per customer. I bought 3 and a friend picked up the other 3. Like expected they had zero .22lr (maybe some shot) but plenty of .17hmr and .22M ammo. If it wasn't for the new .17wsm and all the unknowns that come with that I'd be looking hard a buying rimfire magnum ammo and getting another gun down the road. Just in case.
Last edited by L_Kilkenny on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

Hobie wrote:There were ARs and some of the high demand ammo available even after yesterday.
All at "bargain" prices too I bet!
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

Dang, can't I buy a guns that you don't buy also :lol: . Either you are my long lost brother or this is getting a little psycho. Now if you tell me the M97 is 44Spec, I'm going to have to make a road trip and whomp you noggin :mrgreen:
Hobie wrote:Image
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Man, that 97 is lovely. Me want.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

our show was packed too...I had a long walk from the truck to the door...
Lots of ARs...which are totally useless....cause there aint no ammo around here..
1785 to 3000 ...a few were higher

Saw a bunch of levers...mostly model 94s in 30-30, marlins and winnies
A 73 short rifle for 4000...he was real proud of his levers....
A 72' model 9422m for 900 and another later model, xtr for 700
a few rossi's in 357, 44, and 45lc
early model 39s
s couple of commemoratives...and a couple of original 92s
1 chapparal 76 in 45-40....crossfire trail version
and a bunch of those new rossis that look like marlins...
a few stevens too!

most of the stuff that was being bought were hi cap pistol and clips...

I did not buy anything....still smarting from my last truck repair!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

i like em! :mrgreen:
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Leverluver wrote:Dang, can't I buy a guns that you don't buy also :lol: . Either you are my long lost brother or this is getting a little psycho. Now if you tell me the M97 is 44Spec, I'm going to have to make a road trip and whomp you noggin :mrgreen:
This one is a .45 Colt. I already have a .44 Special. :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie