OT - My S&W M10 is back.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
336A
Levergunner 2.0

OT - My S&W M10 is back.

Post by 336A »

On Sept 5 I sent my M10 of for warranty repair work. I found that the rifiling at the crown of the muzzle was irregular. :x I called S&W customer service and had a return shipping label the next day sent to my email address. I boxed my M10 up and sent it away as described in the detailed instructions that S&W sent with the return shipping label. Today I recieved a visit from the little brown truck while I was at work. So I made arrangements for a pick up this evening. I got the gun in the house and opened like a kid opens presents on Christmas morning.
I had my baby back and the rifiling at the crown looked the way it was supposed to. As an aside I sent a little letter with the revolver as well, describing the problem. As well as asking them to ensure the B/C gap be set at .004"- .006". I was a bit skeptic about the last part being taken into consideration. As S&W seems to be quite liberal with their B/C gap specs as of late. But to my surprise the B/C gap is set to .004" :o , which of course is way better than the .007" it used to be. Overall I am very pleased with the way I was treated from the beggining to the end of this whole ordeal, as well as the out come. However, having said that the revolver should have never left the plant with a sub par barrel either. But it is nice to know that if you do need some work done that it is done in a very proffesional manner, and quickly too.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Range reports......

Glad they made good!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Pictures???
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

It's always good to hear about good customer service.
:D
Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I just wish my 25-5 was still under warranty. They want as much to overhaul it as I paid for it new.
I don't think it's worth it.

Joe
336A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 336A »

Ok here is a pic of my M10, it was taken before the repair work but is the best one I have. It still looks the same though. J Miller why is your 25-5 not under warranty?, is it because it is one of the older models?.

336A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 336A »

Here is the range report with the new barrel installed. It shot so much better than last time I am still tickled about it. It was quite windy out today but I was able to get some good groups in. All shooting was done standing unsupported using a two hand hold at 15yd, and in single action mode. I also measured my B/C gap which is now set at .003". Next time I go out I probably shouldn't drink a pot of coffee before hand. But at least this thing is on the money as far as windage is concerned.