Need wireless printer help!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Need wireless printer help!

Post by TedH »

We have had an Epson wireless printer for while that always gave us fits, and wouldn't print. I would have to fiddle with it every time we wanted to print something from the laptop. If I would reset and re-enter the wireless security code for my router, it would work. Until the next day that is, then it would take more fiddling. I finally got fed up with it and we bought a new Canon wireless printer. I set it up the other day and entered my wireless router security code and it worked great, for a couple days. Now it's not printing from either of our laptops. The computer says the printer isn't on, when it actually is. It apparently isn't staying connected to the router? Anybody got an idea?
NRA Life Member
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Need wireless printer help!

Post by Rusty »

Check the mfg web site for trouble shooting ( I know I don't like em either) there might be an updated driver to download.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Join the club... :(

Best bet - get a friend who knows "tech stuff". Teach him how to shoot or reload... :wink:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

It's a common wireless printing bugaboo. Turning the printer off and then on is a good way to get it back on the network (do this before you send a print job), but the other thing could be your router. It could be old and in need of replacing (I seem to be lucky to get two years out of one) or it could have some setting not optimally adjusted (you'll need tech support to help with that).

My solution has always been to see if the printer shows as available before printing. If not, I reboot the printer which doesn't take long.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I gave up with a fairly high end Cannon, and my I Mac.....couldn't get it to go wireless, so I hard wired it....never fails that way....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

I've gone through this a number of times with my HP...but only with Windows 7...worked fine on XP.

Check s/w updates. HP even has a "Print Dr." app to help address the problem.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

My old laptop is XP, her new one is Windows 7, neither one will work. Been messing with it for quite a while tonight, and I think the problem is in my router. This router isn't very old, just a few months, but it was a cheapy from Walmart. Going to replace it tomorrow and see what happens.
NRA Life Member
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I don't know if you've arrived at a solution here, but usually a thing like this is pretty easy to set up.

Set your printer up with a static IP address and not DHCP, and if your printer has a power-saving feature, meaning it will power down or "go to sleep" after a period of non-use, you might have to occassionaly push the physical ON/OFF button to wake it up or turn it back on.

The earlier suggestion about checking to see if it's on-line before you print is a good one, but even if you don't the print job should still be held in queue until you get around to turning it on.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.