Fondled: The Mossy Tactical

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pneuby
Levergunner 1.0

Fondled: The Mossy Tactical

Post by pneuby »

I know there is not a lot of love here for this, but I actually miss the one in Marinecoat that I sold. When I saw one today, I had to check it out.

THe stock is an ATI unit. Adj. cheekpiece, and for fore and aft like on the AR15 unit.There was a slight bit of looseness in this one, but it could be a matter of tightening some screws. There is a rubber pad with a modicum of cushion, also. Should be just right to take any sting out of your warmest loads.

The finish appears to be matte blued all around, save for dull gloss on the bolt. The forend is not one-piece as one might guess. The plastic rails are screwed onto a blackened standard forend. Whether it is also plastic, I couldn't say for sure. But, I couldn't see any woodgrain under the light in the shop. They are as obnoxious to one's hand as on the AR/Ak forends. So, the usual rubber caps take care of that. The muzzle break seems to be standard AR, also. This dealer is also a Class III purveyor, and confirmed that .30 cans screw right on with ease.

Cycling appeared typical for the 464. Smooth like a Marlin, without the slop of a modern 94. Safety, likewise, hideously tight.. :(

OH, it does feel fine when shouldered and sighted, despite the odd stock. It's very functional. Other than that, not much more to report. Tagged at $455. :?:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Fondled: The Mossy Tactical

Post by Blaine »

Different strokes (of the lever 8) ) for different folks... :) If you pull the trigger, and it fires, and hits at the POA, and then fires again....who's to complain? :idea:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
1894c

Post by 1894c »

walk away...save yourself...there's nothing to see here...a tactical-lever is an answer to a question that should have never been asked by some who ought to know better...forgive me--YUK... :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 1894c on Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

Make this into a pistol caliber and I'll be all over it for the lulz. Until then, my marincote 464 fills this niche :)
As an aside, I now move that all reviews start with the designation "Fondled" :lol:
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Panzercat wrote:Make this into a pistol caliber and I'll be all over it for the lulz. Until then, my marincote 464 fills this niche :)
As an aside, I now move that all reviews start with the designation "Fondled" :lol:
i'm not sure that the word "firearms" and the word "FONDLED" should even be in the same sentence--or within a mile of anyones conscience thinking--DR. FREUD might have done an in-depth study on this, wonder if there is a connection between hating your second cousin and fondling a tactical levergun...in the end the whole thing scares me... :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 1894c on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

336bl wrote:
Panzercat wrote:Make this into a pistol caliber and I'll be all over it for the lulz. Until then, my marincote 464 fills this niche :)
i'm not sure that the word "firearms" and the word "FONDLED" should even be in the same sentence--or within a mile of anyones conscience thinking--DR. FREUD might have done an in-depth study on this, wonder if there is a connection with hating your second cousin and fondling tactical leverguns...in the end the whole thing scares me... :(
If I had a good lookin' cousin, I'd do anything she wanted if I could fondle her big guns.... :oops:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I agree with Panzercat that a pistol-caliber one would be preferable, because. . .
pneuby wrote:This dealer is also a Class III purveyor, and confirmed that .30 cans screw right on with ease.
You don't need a .30-30 sized case to push a 220 grain bullet at 950 fps, so a shorter-action rifle would be preferable to me.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
dennie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dennie »

BlaineG, you must be related to Jerry Lee Lewis. :shock: :P :lol: :lol:
dennie
NRA Benefactor Member/Bluegrass Picker
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

I think their walnut pistol grip 464's are nice looking and mine at least has a smooth action and shoots surprisingly well. How they decided to 'tacticool' it into that monstrosity is beyond me. I guess the 20 somethings who are all ga ga over Nagants, SKS, AKs, and ARs will like the look of them but to me they just look silly.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

pneuby wrote:...there is not a lot of love here for this..
When used regarding the Mossberg "Tacticool" 464, is a huge overstatement!

While the Ram-Line plastic stocks left me cold... I can see the practicality of their use. There might be something "practical" in these also... but I can't find it! :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

I would so put the biggest, most obnoxious muzzle brake I could find on the end of that thing just to top off the Frankenlever theme :D

...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.