Went to the range today....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Went to the range today....

Post by Bridger »

Never been to a public range before, and I had a good experience today. There were 4 other people out there with me, and they were all very safety conscious. The only bad part is, apparently most of the visitors see no need to clean up their old targets and trash, so ahead of the firing line it looked somewhat like a dump. Will also have to be careful when I go, as according to the other guys on Monday mornings there is usually a bunch of methheads out picking brass up to sell. (The surprise is gonna be on them though, cause I am going to start going out there and picking it up myself, not necessarily to sell it, though some I might, but because there is a whole lot of reloadable brass out there.) I wish I had a range report for the H&R 949 I was shooting, but I just burned through a 250 round box playing. I can tell you that I suck with it, even at 10 yards lol. It's all good though, because it is just my trapline gun and so as long as i can hit at 10 feet I am fine. Here is a pic through my truck windshield before I left. It is 100 yards to the backstop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Went to the range today....

Post by pwl44m »

Our ranges have People at the Ready to pick up Brass. Most often They don't wait till Ur gone, I have had to tell Them Don't Touch "Oh You keep". does that tell U anything.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Went to the range today....

Post by earlmck »

That's a nice looking range there, Bridger. :mrgreen: I haven't had good access to a covered range since I lived in Carson City, NV. Still using brass I picked up there in all the pistol calibers plus '06. My trusty local gravel pit where I shoot now has no benches, no cover, and very seldom any brass worth picking up.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry