S&W model 27-2 price check

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

S&W model 27-2 price check

Post by octagon »

Guys I met a fellow through a mutual friend who is selling some guns. The one I am looking at is a clean 27-2 is p & r'd, with 8 3/8 barrel, smooth wood grips with left side thumb cutout. The cylinder has a very very faint drag line and locks up tight with no shake at all. metal is about 90 percent or better. No box, tools or papers. I have a python and don't need a 27-2 but it is pretty clean and I woke up thinking about it this am. What is the right amount to offer? I think the serial was 5 digits 31xxx, but not sure on that. Thanks for any help guys on the right price.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Re: S&W model 27-2 price check

Post by Booger Bill »

My guess is about $600 to $700. Thats because for some reason the 8 3/8 doesnt seem to bring quite as much as the shorter barrells.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Booger Bill wrote:My guess is about $600 to $700. Thats because for some reason the 8 3/8 doesnt seem to bring quite as much as the shorter barrells.
Thats about my guess also. Maybe the high end+ if it has the original wood presentation box--if it falls into that era as the later 27's came in the cardboard box.---------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Thanks Bill and Sixgun for the replies. I knew I could get some solid info here. Many thanks for taking time to respond.
two bit okie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by two bit okie »

I dropped $500.oo on a 4" last year.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

The 4" is considered the very rarest. There are far more times 3 1/2". Seems 4" was reserved for the model 28 known as the highway patrolman. Same gun as the model 27 but a less polished finish with less options.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

If it has the 3T's, Target hammer/trigger/stock, it will command a premium.

Actually the 5" barrels bring the greatest premium.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

Smith and Wesson target grips never had thumb cut outs. The early ones had the "football" cut out to allow the empties to eject. They would hit the left grip otherwise. The later ones were cut back to use a speed loader.