What are they worth?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

What are they worth?

Post by Thunder50 »

Thinking of getting a table at the next gun show, and selling some leverguns I have. Just wondering what they are worth?

1 Rossi 45 Colt 24" half octagon/half round barrel, maybe 100 rounds thru it.

2 Marlin M-375, Probably 90-95%. put a recoil pad on it to help lengthen stock, I take over standard length

3. Marlin 336ER, 356 win, probably 98%

4. Marlin 336CB, 30-30, 99%+, not new, only a few shots thru it though.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Re: What are they worth?

Post by 86er »

At the last Mesquite Rodeo show you could literally find any and all of them at least once for $500. With that being said, at Market Hall a 30-30 CB was $659, a 356 Marlin was $700 and a Rossi 24" (but I recall it being all round) was $799! I did see a 375 Marlin in 80% for $450 but another that looked no better to me was stated as "near perfect" by the dealer and he wanted $750 and made sure I knew it was a "rare" gun. So, depending on where you are and when, I believe these are realistic ballparks for the N. TX crowd.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Thunder50 wrote:Thinking of getting a table at the next gun show, and selling some leverguns I have. Just wondering what they are worth?

1 Rossi 45 Colt 24" half octagon/half round barrel, maybe 100 rounds thru it.

2 Marlin M-375, Probably 90-95%. put a recoil pad on it to help lengthen stock, I take over standard length

3. Marlin 336ER, 356 win, probably 98%

4. Marlin 336CB, 30-30, 99%+, not new, only a few shots thru it though.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Have no idea about #1 , not my cup of tea .

#2 if you still have the original pad and just put it with the rifle I would say $500-600 . I sold the two I had a couple years ago for $450 and $550 .

#3 the 336ER I would say $850-1200 depending on who walks by ! I sold a pair of those a couple years ago . Got almost $900 for one in the same shape as you say yours is and the other that had a not well refinished stock I got $750 .

#4 I sold one of those in about 90% a couple years back with the factory box and got $850 , but from what I've seen on Gunbroker lately you should expect in excess of $1000 up to possibly $1200 !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

IMHO you are way better off selling them on Gunbroker !

Your audiance is greater and you don't have to deal with the tire kickers and the bullshitters so much !
You set your opening price at the least you will accept plus the expected Gunbroker fee's . The buyer pays the shipping , give them a 3 day no fire return policy and if they wanna return it they eat the shipping both ways !

Also cuts down on the trader guys who wanna give you their junk in trade . I don't particularly like selling on forums either although I have done it before . Again to many traders . I do not like trading thru the mail . I'm gonna see yours before I send you mine and either way I'm out of shipping one way .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

If you go to a gunshow and try to sell you are out of the cost of the table regardless of whether you sell or not !
On GB you don't pay them anything unless a transaction is made !
Oh by the way , when I do my auctions there I no longer put thumbnails beside the auction or any of the other add on's !
That way all you pay is the GB % of the sale . Figure $15 for $500 and about $22-24 for $1000 . At the worst after selling your 4 rifles on GB you'll be out of $85-110 dollars . At a gunshow you're in the hole for about $60-100 right off the bat and you have to sit there more then likely the entire weekend .
I'll be going to Baltimore in a couple weeks as a working yet investigative trip . Have a couple items to move there but the majority of what I'll be doing there is getting info and knowledge . That will take me maybe 6 hours to do what I need to do then I can go out the door and relax while my friends fight the crowds !

Yes you might say I've gotten negative on the whole gun show concept !
Last edited by 6pt-sika on Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Another GREAT thing about selling on GB is the fact that "perspective" customers can email you questions .

And if it's something TOTALLY STUPID you can just delete it and go on about your buisness .

I do not normally answer trade questions , lowball offers or questions that are easily answered by reading everything in the auction . And believe you me if you sell enough you will get all those questions and many many more .
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

6pt-sika wrote:Your audiance is greater and you don't have to deal with the tire kickers and the bullshitters so much !

Yeah, but some people like that part of it --- especially if its just an occasional thing ------- as well, if a gent walks up with a 99% Python or 3rd Gen SAA, you are in a better spot to dicker a bit in person, if horsetradin' is part of the fun for ya

Its fun to talk to people in person occasionally, :D -- the internet takes that away , and all too often leaves the gun shows to the dealers who just line up boxes of Ak variants and AR variants and their accessories
----- Doug
BC in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BC in TN »

Thunder,

You might be able to sell your Marlin CB right here :)
I'd be interested in learning more about it - year of manufacture.
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

BC, will PM you in about 20 min.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Streetstar wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:Your audiance is greater and you don't have to deal with the tire kickers and the bullshitters so much !

Yeah, but some people like that part of it --- especially if its just an occasional thing ------- as well, if a gent walks up with a 99% Python or 3rd Gen SAA, you are in a better spot to dicker a bit in person, if horsetradin' is part of the fun for ya

Its fun to talk to people in person occasionally, :D -- the internet takes that away , and all too often leaves the gun shows to the dealers who just line up boxes of Ak variants and AR variants and their accessories
If I'm selling stuff that means I already have another use for the money so "typically" trading isn't in my agenda !
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

6pt-sika wrote: If I'm selling stuff that means I already have another use for the money so "typically" trading isn't in my agenda !
Good for you ---- perhaps others have different motivating factors or agendas
----- Doug
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Streetstar wrote:
6pt-sika wrote: If I'm selling stuff that means I already have another use for the money so "typically" trading isn't in my agenda !
Good for you ----

My sentiments exactly !

While I can understand folks wanting to go to gunshows to get the seeing stuff outta their system you need to see it from my point of view . I am in a gunshop 4 days every week dealing with walk in customers , phone customers and internet customers . Hence my reason for not liking selling at Gunshows . Let me just say I have come across some very very rude people at gun shows . Typically if I have a gun I do not wish to sell I carry it covered in a case or something . I've had people ask what I have and if it's for sale . 75% when you tell them not for sale go on about their buisness , it's the other 25% that keep on and on about well what is it and can I see it that burn my *** . If it was for public consumption I wouldn't be carrying it covered . I carried a Parker GH 16 gauge into the Baltimore gunshow last year because I wanted a person I already had an appointment with to give me an opinion on a couple things about it and one guy while I was waiting in line bugged the F outta me for about 15 minutes before I told him to go visit the devil . I am of the opinion if I have something and I tell someone it's not for sale and the item is covered it's time for the person to go on their merry way .
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

Are you planning on going to the Tanner show here in Denver or one on the Western slope?