Bow and arrows

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Bow and arrows

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Over the summer, I picked up a neat recurve bow while in Lancaster (PA):

I really love this bow. I decided it needed some period arrows as well, so I ordered these:

Wooden shaft. Feather fletchings. And these suckers are accurate! :D
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Bow and arrows

Post by JerryB »

Now that catches my eye real quick. I do like those recurve bows. What length and how much pull? Any more of those fine arrows?
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Did you go to Lancaster archery supply? Nice bow. Tell us about it
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Nice recurve. Had one as a kid and would like to have an adult model. Don't know if my shoulder could take it though. I'd be willing to give it a shot.
Old Law Dawg
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

rjohns94 wrote:Did you go to Lancaster archery supply? Nice bow. Tell us about it
Yep. :D I posted on this before. When we were on our summer vacation, we stopped to see my Uncle. The day we left, we stopped at "Bird In Hand" at an Amish market. Then on our way through Lancaster, Y2K spied the shop. I did a quick "u-ie" and we browsed the shop for a bit. Fantastic place!

The bow is a Samick Red Stag 60" with a 40 pound draw weight and 28" draw. With my back, I didn't want to push it with a heavier draw weight.

The arrows are from an outfit I found online called "By the Sword". Here's the link:

http://www.bytheswordinc.com/p-7364-med ... -maqs.aspx

Took a couple months to come in, but I was happy with the results, price, and performance. :D
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JerryB wrote:Now that catches my eye real quick. I do like those recurve bows. What length and how much pull? Any more of those fine arrows?
JerryB - see above. 28" LOP and arrows. 60" overall bow length, with a 40-lb draw weight.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

what caliber..?
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

brings back memories.....looks just like my rig when I was a yonker!
Nice!

My sister sold it at a garage sale with all my other sports stuff
to buy a ticket to go to germany! :shock: :o
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Nice looking bow and arrows, have fun. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I've said good riddance to my compounds and gone back to traditional tackle too.

And Kim: The non-wheel bows are much kinder to old shoulders; I can vouch for this personally.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Bill in Oregon wrote:I've said good riddance to my compounds and gone back to traditional tackle too.

And Kim: The non-wheel bows are much kinder to old shoulders; I can vouch for this personally.
This is true.

Nice bow YK, must blow the dust off mine soon!

Best wishes.

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

That is a good lookin bow, I've been shooting traditional since before it was called traditional, for other on-line or mail order traditional supplies check out 3 Rivers Archery.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Nice looking bow, I have a friend that made my arrows but he's gone to live in Thailand. :roll:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
rjohns94 wrote:Did you go to Lancaster archery supply? Nice bow. Tell us about it
Yep. :D I posted on this before. When we were on our summer vacation, we stopped to see my Uncle. The day we left, we stopped at "Bird In Hand" at an Amish market. Then on our way through Lancaster, Y2K spied the shop. I did a quick "u-ie" and we browsed the shop for a bit. Fantastic place!

The bow is a Samick Red Stag 60" with a 40 pound draw weight and 28" draw. With my back, I didn't want to push it with a heavier draw weight.

The arrows are from an outfit I found online called "By the Sword". Here's the link:

Took a couple months to come in, but I was happy with the results, price, and performance. :D
WHAT??? YK... you should have said something, a few of us could have got together
and had dinner with you at Shady Maple or someplace like that.
Awsome looking bow & those arrows WOW! 8)
O yeah, and your chase 'em down slippers still lookin good to go :wink:
Triggernosis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Triggernosis »

Samick makes good bows. I've had $750 custom bows in the past and can honestly say that the two Samick's I had shot just as well as any of my custom bows and better than most. That Red Stag is a nice looking one, too.
Tom
Eastern N.C.

NRA Rifle Instructor
4-H Rifle Instructor
HP Service Rifle competitor
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

ceb wrote: other on-line or mail order traditional supplies check out 3 Rivers Archery.
and rose city as well.http://www.rosecityarchery.com/
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

casastahle wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote:

WHAT??? YK... you should have said something, a few of us could have got together
and had dinner with you at Shady Maple or someplace like that.
Awsome looking bow & those arrows WOW! 8)
O yeah, and your chase 'em down slippers still lookin good to go :wink:
Couldn't on that trip; too tight of a schedule.
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Nice looking bow. When hunting use heavy arrows. Forget the lightweight arrows the wheel bows favor, use a heavy arrow, and sharp 2 blade head, and you'll get pass thrus on deer.
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

I have been shooting a Martin "Stick". 55 lb draw. Bought a deal from Lee Valley thet turns 1/2" square stock into round shafts. My dad is a woodworker so I get all the material I want. Ash seems to be the most durable for me, I have not mastered the accurate part yet. Have been making my own arrows and flechting them for a year. Loads of fun.

Shot a "Robin Hood" with some expensive carbon arrows awhile ago. Not because I am a good shot.

Don