Appleseed training

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
93marshooter
Levergunner 2.0

Appleseed training

Post by 93marshooter »

Have any of you ever used a lever gun at an Appleseed training event?
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Re: Appleseed training

Post by wecsoger »

Lady down the line at the one I shot had one, something in a .22LR.

So saying, to get the full benefit of the training it's not really recommended.

Are you a first time (to Appleseed) shooter? If so, I (and lots of other folk) highly recommend a Ruger 10/22 with a 10 round mag; extra mag for same; "Tech" sights and standard G.I. sling.

If you've shot more than one, then you have the experience to know what would work, or not.

Feel free to post or PM if any questions, I'm very pro-Appleseed. And a quick search here will find several good threads on the subject.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

This topic has come up quite a bit on the Henry section at rimfirecentral. There are a few guys there that have done it,but they all say you need a speedloader like the one Henry sells to do it. Personaly I think you would lack the ability to use thethe sling properly.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rimrock »

I've been to an Appleseed Shoot. They don't care what you shoot if your caliber is .30 or less. (hey, targets cost money and they want to be sure everything stays in the backstop!!). I found the target training to be excellent! Using a sling with .22LR can improve your group size, but they emphasize accuracy only to 4 moa. That accuracy is plenty for the battlefield according to them. The discourse about the American Revolution was excellent!

YMMV

I was distracted by what I perceived as the corrupt, "militia" mentality that was not very well hidden by their dogma.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a realist who knows that history is clear. All governments ultimately fail. I don't yet believe the full power of one man, one vote has become useless in the U.S.A. Yes, I know the Americans shot the b**&^ British in the American Revolution which got the world's interest. But, voting still has much to be offered. Don't ever think YOUR vote has no importance. Maybe us Americans will be different after all!!

rimrock