Winter Challenge - 357 Carbine - PMC 158

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Winter Challenge - 357 Carbine - PMC 158

Post by Old Savage »

Winter Challenge - KirkD

In the spirit of the challenge I decided to do my part and sally forth in these sub 80 degree temperatures and do some more shooting. The 39A will be obvious. Only had a half hour so there are a series of groups, you will see. The 357 Carbine doesn't seem to do as well with the PMC 158 JSP. Oh, well. And look to the lower left of the black bull. There is a little piece which I think is off the lifter of the 357 Cowboy. It functioned much smoother once it fell out. (My wife found it.) Of course the lifter doesn't work now. These two rifles are built differently.

Last edited by Old Savage on Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

O.S.

Good shooting.
Might wanna keep that little piece. It might be the cause of more problems later on. Looks familiar but I can't place it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Joe, I think it is off the lifter - they did it differently in 80 when the carbine was made. I figured somebody would jump up and tell me.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

By the way - here is friend Charles with my 88. His is from the 60s and has 30 some deer to it's credit but much less pristine.

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Old Savage wrote:Joe, I think it is off the lifter - they did it differently in 80 when the carbine was made. I figured somebody would jump up and tell me.
Then it would have to be part of the rocker. The little widget the lever cams against to move it up and down. Hmmmmm, I'd take it apart and have a look see.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That is what I believe I will do today Joe.

CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

O.S., tell Charles that "Dancing Boy" says Hello! :lol:

Here's my last group with Old Thirty One Twenty from last weekend. I think I have her sorted out at 100 yards now. Hope to do a little more shooting in the coming week.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I will, but that is Dancin' Boy ! That Charles is kind of a rough cob except that he is one of those "pinky up" wine connoisseurs. "Peppery finish" and all - and Pat is right there with him.