86er any info on the Ohio animal shooting

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

86er any info on the Ohio animal shooting

Post by JerryB »

Joe I have been thinking about the police shooting all that big game with their service weapons. Is there any chance of you getting some data from the sherrif on how their rounds performed?
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
dennie
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT 86er any info on the Ohio animal shooting

Post by dennie »

JerryB, I would like to know that as well. The Cincinnati news stations said they used their service weapons. :shock: Around these parts the LEOs only hit a bad guy about 1 or 2 times per magazine full with their .40S&Ws, and we all know the .223 will not kill anything, so there must have been a gazillion rounds of 12ga. going off! :twisted:
But I would also like to know. :wink:
dennie
NRA Benefactor Member/Bluegrass Picker
kevin in nh
Levergunner 1.0

Post by kevin in nh »

That reminds me that a month ago I wanted to get Joe's book 1000 Tags Filled darn as I wanted to take it hunting 1st week in Maine.....but as a firearms instructor for my PD I will ask my Sgt to see what he can get from our instructor IALEFI web......When I heard that they issued shoot on site my stomach turned as most PD here went to strictly AR-15s 5.56 FMJ the 12 gas are limited in numbers and idiotic....I have finished off plenty of Deer and a Moose.......the .357 SIG w/Gold Dots or G Sabers is a good round.....but to hell with a pistol with Lions, Tigers and Bears....not oh my, but Holy SH!T....I have had some pretty strange calls but.......imagine....your in the cruiser and over the radio......Dispatch to @#$ received a call of a girraffe being chased by cheetas, or a griz.....wonder is anyone is caping out the skins....darn shame if they don't
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

They dug one big hole and buried all of them sometime last night. A shame that so many beautiful animals had to be killed...But I would not be able to find any beauty in these hides, but only be reminded of the tragedy in seeing one..
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

From what I've been reading They used used their shotguns a lot.
Guessing 00 or slugs.

I'm impressed with the cajones on these guys. Betting that
not all of them were hunters. But they
did what they had to do and no one
got hurt.
Admirable!!

Still very sad and have nothing but hate for the AH that caused it!

jb
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

It made me sick as I thought about it all day. What an AH :evil: At least the good news is that he's dead. :D

My guess is that LE used shotguns and most likely a few .308 sniper bolt guns as most LE have these in stock. I really can't see any LE stupidly using his service pistol, knowing the consequences of anything but a good brain shot.-----------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote:It made me sick as I thought about it all day. What an AH :evil: At least the good news is that he's dead. :D
My thoughts exactly. Y2K was ready to personally lynch the *** himself when I told him he couldn't because the nutcase was already dead. All he said was "good!".

My daughter was crying. :(
cz93x62
Levergunner

Post by cz93x62 »

It appears the LEO personnel handled an ugly business very professionally and efficiently. A shame in many ways, and that adamhenry that prompted it all needs a special place in perdition set aside for him.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

It was a VERY sad day.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Re: 86er any info on the Ohio animal shooting

Post by wecsoger »

For what it's worth, Sheriff's office I worked at (semi-rural county, southwest OH) would only issue out double ought. Top brass were pretty adamant against slugs, I don't know if that was their policy or the BSSA, Buckeye State Sheriff's Association rules.

I personally always had a box or two of slugs around whenever I had to put down a deer. Never liked the idea of getting close enough to be absolutely sure with the pistol and even with the slug always checked twice or more to make sure I had a safe shot. (always broke my heart when I had to do it, too.)

We only had a couple guys rifle/carbine qualified.
flashpan
Levergunner

Post by flashpan »

olyinaz wrote:It was a VERY sad day.

Oly
It was a very sad day indeed.......

I live about 12 miles from the farm, and work about 4 miles away and had crossed paths with the ***hole a time or two, though I didn't know him very well. He'd been in and out of trouble most of his life, (was just released from prison at the end of Sept) though I don't believe anyone thought he'd ever do anything this outrageous.
If he'd made up his mind to end his life, its too bad he didn't do it before he condemned the animals.....
The common thought around here (whether its right or wrong) is that he probably knew that it would turn out this way.....so sad.....

P.S. - most of us around here don't blame LE for doing what had to be done, we know the blame lies on just one demented soul.....
Fast is Fine.....
But Accuracy is Final!
~Wyatt Earp~
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

flashpan wrote:
If he'd made up his mind to end his life, its too bad he didn't do it before he condemned the animals.....

My thoughts too
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote:
flashpan wrote:If he'd made up his mind to end his life, its too bad he didn't do it before he condemned the animals.....
P.S. - most of us around here don't blame LE for doing what had to be done, we know the blame lies on just one demented soul.....
My thoughts too
+1, and glad to hear that the locals understand the position LE was left in.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

BTT FOR JOE.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Y2K was ready to personally lynch the *** himself when I told him he couldn't because the nutcase was already dead. All he said was "good!".
You've obviously done a good job raising that kid...! 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

It really is a shame about those animals, and I cannot cut the guy who released them much slack for doing what he did.

The thing that I do wonder about is what happened to him to cause him to think that he would be better dead? If his mind was in such a demented state, did he think that the only way the animals could survive would be to release them?? It is hard to understand what he was actually thinking. Regardless, he wasn't thinking straight. The loss of the animals is a great waste and a shame that should not have occurred. The loss of the human life under these circumstances is also a shame. Makes me wonder if there might have been someone that knew him who could have done something that could have averted this tragedy. Kind of reminds me that we all need to be ready to throw a life ring to those around us who carry heavy unseen burdens. It doesn't take a lot, maybe just a kind word.....

Food for thought.
Betterluckytg
Levergunner

Post by Betterluckytg »

Geobru: "The loss of the human life under these circumstances is also a shame."

Yeah, right. What a loss.