Blasting with the 9422.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Peter M. Eick
Levergunner 2.0

Blasting with the 9422.

Post by Peter M. Eick »

Our local range set up some reactionary targets. These steel prairie dogs that if hit will cycle down and come back up. They go from 25 yards to 60. My shooting buddy and I decided to have some fun since normally we just shoot paper. So off with some 22's. I chose my 9422 and he used a SIG 522. While he had me for firepower, I have to say my 9422 would easily nail the targets from a standing position as quick as I could run the lever. The peep sight really helps when bouncing from 60 to 25 yrds and back to the intermediate targets.

I shot over 1000 rnds at the course before I got tired. It is sure a lot of fun to compete with another good shot. We were trying to keep all of the targets in the down position and get them as the heads (about 1.5" across) just came visible.

I had forgotten how much fun the 9422 can be. My old XTR really showed its handling for quick shots and movement.
38-55 & 38/44 What a combination!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Blasting with the 9422.

Post by kimwcook »

Sounds like a good day of fun. Good for you. I need to get out with my 9422.
Old Law Dawg