browning 218Bee Lever

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

browning 218Bee Lever

Post by big bear »

Who has one? What's to love about it?
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Re: browning 218Bee Lever

Post by pwl44m »

I don't have 1, but if it is a Lever, What's not to Love ?
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Had one ... standard grade. Well finished and with the typical Browning epoxy on the wood. Really a fine rifle. I didn't reload Bee though and factory was getting harder to find and very expensive when I could find it. As usual, the Miroku 92 actions are extremely well fitted and operate glass smooth.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
SFRanger7GP

Post by SFRanger7GP »

I have one. Bought it years ago with a bunch of factory ammo and new brass. I mounted a Marble's tang sight on it. Shoots great.
Wes
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wes »

I have one. It is a great little rifle. Mine shoots H4198 and IMR4198 loads really well. Open sights at 50yds and you can get 3 of them to touch on a good day. Like has been stated, really well made rifle in every way. I used the 46 grain Hornady Bee bullet a lot. It won't deform in the magazine and they shoot great and will down a coyote right now. I've made some great shots with this gun, enough that I know it's not a fluke.
I would recommend it to anybody, but like Rimfire says, you'd better reload.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I agree it's a great rifle and cartridge, but even if you reload you had better stock up on components if given the chance. The Hornady and Speer "Bee" bullets are very hard to come by and are only produced occasionally. I've been trying to get some of the Hornady bullets for months and everyplace is always out of stock.
NRA Life Member
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

IIRC, Blaine has a 218 Bee lever - but I'm not sure if it is a Browning or a Marlin.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ysabel Kid wrote:IIRC, Blaine has a 218 Bee lever - but I'm not sure if it is a Browning or a Marlin.
Marlin.....I'm embarassed to say I have not started loading for it. With open sights on a sandbag, it makes tiny groups at 50-60 yards.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by big bear »

500 brass should be an adequate supply for an old guy? can you find cast bullets for this calibre?