44 cowboy shoots first shot high?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

44 cowboy shoots first shot high?

Post by EdinCT »

My 44 cowboy limited II is shooting its first shot about 6 inches high at 100 yards then it goes into the center of the bull. If I let it cool it repeats its performances not a rain gun so I wouldn't expect swollen wood. Its been a favorite deer rifle but not like this.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Ed
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: 44 cowboy shoots first shot high?

Post by Old Savage »

The front screw on the tube to the barrel may have changed do to change in the wood over time. Try loosening it.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

Old Savage wrote:The front screw on the tube to the barrel may have changed do to change in the wood over time. Try loosening it.
+1

or the screws holding the forearm cap on are too tight...

....or full magazine or partially full?

Dunno, Tom
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Old Savage wrote:The front screw on the tube to the barrel may have changed do to change in the wood over time. Try loosening it.
Check the stock screw, also.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by EdinCT »

Thanks for the replys all! I tightened the mag screw has it seemed really loose and checked the forarm cap and stock, While I had it broke down I stoned the sear and bent the trigger spring and its pull seems greatly improved.
Back to the range will 24 gr of h110 loads with xtp hollow points, Speer 240 sp and 240 gold dot sps and it cut a 2.5 inch hole shooting 2 and cooling while I shot other rifles. Look out deer and thanks again!

Ed