Anybody Know Where To Get One Of These

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Anybody Know Where To Get One Of These

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Gasket,Outer NSN 5330-00-032-2722
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Hobie

Re: Anybody Know Where To Get One Of These

Post by Hobie »

Ben_Rumson wrote:Gasket,Outer NSN 5330-00-032-2722
You just want the gasket? Not the whole "mermite" can, right? I'll have to run down my supply buddies and ask.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Thanks Hobie ... Yes just the gasket... I have two Mermite chests.. One with everything the other missing the inserts.. But mainly the Outer Gasket...
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

An internet search came up empty which is why I'm going to ask my buds. They might know of a source.

I was surprised to find that people are mounting these in pairs on motorcycles as saddlebags! Frankly, I'm glad I haven't had to eat or serve out of one (although it did almost always beat C-Rats or the early MREs).
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Yep I ran into the same thing...Found NSN# after about an hour of searches...Once I finally got the NSN I found a place, http://www.armyproperty.com/ that has them ...I went to register but was stumped on the first required feild..Rank! LOL...Thanks for this help Hobie, I'll keep sniffing around too..

In Basic Training..I really appreciated a cold juice break during the day delivered from a Mermite...
The one I have with no gasket ..I used for a long time to keep my welding rods warm and dry when away from the shop..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ben_Rumson on Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WIL TERRY
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

If it's an "O" ring type gasket a large industrial supply house should be able to help.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Like Hobie, just looking at one of those gives me heartburn, or the runs..... :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
markinalpine
Levergunner 2.0

Post by markinalpine »

You might be able to fabricate one from closed cell rubber weather stripping. I bet you could find a roll the correct thickness and width that you could cut 4 pieces, and silicone seal it to either the lid or the base. Or get some that already has adhesive.
Mark :?:
Any way you sell it,
No matter how you spell it,
When you start to smell it,
BO stinks.
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

BlaineG wrote:Like Hobie, just looking at one of those gives me heartburn, or the runs..... :lol:
Oh Yeah !!! Hot rations for the hot trots!!!

S.O.S. will have ya singin' into a cat hole quick! LMAO !!!!!

Thanks for the trots down memory latrine.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Try getting online to the military DRMO (Military Sales) site I have seen them in drmos.
It is not the critic who counts