Henry Sling

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
aragornelessar86
Levergunner

Henry Sling

Post by aragornelessar86 »

I'm going to be buying a Henry replica (Probably Navy Arms unless someone here advises me otherwise). I'm wondering if anyone makes a period-accurate sling? Advice appreciated.
Puma 92, 24.5in. BBl. length, SS, .357 Mag
CaptainFinn
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Henry Sling

Post by CaptainFinn »

Dixie Gun Works carries a Henry sling, but check when ordering your gun from the importer, not all Henry's are set up for sling use, IIRC.

The 'civilian' Henry (as well as the iron/steel framed Henry) doesn't have swivels for a sling.

The military model has a sling swivel on the buttstock and a metal slotted bracket on the side of the barrel . The corresponding sling loops thru the buttstock swivel and the front end has a hook eye that clips into the front bracket.
aragornelessar86
Levergunner

Re: Henry Sling

Post by aragornelessar86 »

Thanks Cap'n. I'm looking at the Military model from Navy Arms, and they specifically state (and show) that it has sling mounts.
Puma 92, 24.5in. BBl. length, SS, .357 Mag