Just had to complain... OT

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Just had to complain... OT

Post by El Chivo »

As an old fuddy duddy I take a dim view of loud neighbors, and even try not to be one myself.

I live next door to my new apartment manager, who likes to host lots of loud, late parties. Last night they were up until 2:30 am, with their sliding doors open, loud music and shouting. I have left them notes about this before, as they used to do it in the center of the courtyard. One week they were out there 4 out of 5 weeknights.

Well I finally got to sleep but something woke me about 7:30. Since I had nothing to better to do, I decided to go over and pay them a visit.

Well, it was priceless. I rang their bell for about 5 minutes. They finally dragged themselves to the door, red-eyed and smelling of alcohol. I must have woken them up! How careless of me!
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Just had to complain... OT

Post by mikld »

I had a similar prob. when I lived in an appartment. I was once told that it was legal for loud music until 12:00 midnight. Well I also discovered noise regulations say 6:00 am is the "starting" point; nothing before. So, I would occationally wake up at 5:30 am and open some windows and play some really twangy country music quite loud. :twisted: Don't know how it affected them, but I felt better!
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
SFRanger7GP

Post by SFRanger7GP »

Normally people like that just don't understand until they get it done to them. I always say: I can win any game you want to play just tell me the rules. The early morning "back at you" does wonders.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I will live in my truck before being required to put up with neighbors again. I live in an Auld Phart trailer park, a beautiful small place, and it's nearly like living in the woods it's so quiet. One of those places where you could leave your door open all the time, or the keys in your truck.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

The last time I lived in the Barracks (Ft.Rich) the Homies were thumping away with some "street music" at high distortion levels out of their cheap PX stereo (Kenwood IIRC, no components but very LARGE cheap speakers) :roll: . Got tired of asking them to turn it down, so one Saturday when the brass was gone I stood out in the corridor with my remote in hand prepared to do battle in the B Company Stereo War. :evil:

Adcom amp, Bose Acoustimass speakers with Bose 101 midrange fills, Mass Driver positioned for maximum reinforcement. Very subtle. You had to look for it to see anything but the 101s on the headboard. 8)

CD: Toccata & Fugue in D minor on one of the BIG Gothic Organs. :twisted:

Never got the thing past 6 before they gave up :mrgreen: . The walls & every pane of glass in the building was vibrating in sympathetic reinforcement. People outside were looking back & forth between our barracks & the chapel trying to figure out WHY the Organ music was coming from our building. :shock: Best of all.... no distortion. 8)

Moved off base shortly thereafter, but never had any more trouble from them. :lol:

(Funny side note: While I was still in the "asking" stage, one of the Homies got all race card at me trying to say his hip-hop was "cultural". That kinda died as an argument when I pulled out CDs of Jukula, Ladysmith Black Mombazo, Hugh Maskella, Johnny Klegg & Savuka, etc... :wink: )
Last edited by Old Ironsights on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

My neighbors hold frequent parties, often shooting off fireworks and such, well into the night. they leave their lights on outside and such. I live in a community (hopefully not for much longer) and only recently I decided that my favorite time to cut grass is 7am on Saturday after a long nights party. :shock: I used to wait to till 10 or so. Not trying to be mean or spiteful, just playing by the rules they wrote.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Let's face it....most people, except US of course, are steaming logs......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Old Ironsights wrote:The last time I lived in the Barracks (Ft.Rich) the Homies were thumping away with some "street music" at high distortion levels out of their cheap PX stereo (Kenwood IIRC, no components but very LARGE cheap speakers) :roll: . Got tired of asking them to turn it down, so one Saturday when the brass was gone I stood out in the corridor with my remote in hand prepared to do battle in the B Company Stereo War. :evil:

Adcom amp, Bose Acoustimass speakers with Bose 101 midrange fills, Mass Driver positioned for maximum reinforcement. Very subtle. You had to look for it to see anything but the 101s on the headboard. 8)

Never got the thing past 6 before they gave up :mrgreen: . The walls & every pane of glass in the building was vibrating in sympathetic reinforcement. People outside were looking back & forth between our barracks & the chapel trying to figure out WHY the Organ music was coming from our building. :shock: Best of all.... no distortion. 8)

Moved off base shortly thereafter, but never had any more trouble from them. :lol:

(Funny side note: While I was still in the "asking" stage, one of the Homies got all race card at me trying to say his hip-hop was "cultural". That kinda died as an argument when I pulled out CDs of Jukula, Ladysmith Black Mombazo, Hugh Maskella, Johnny Klegg & Savuka, etc... :wink: )

your post is completely lost on an 'old fanny burp' like me. I have not a clue what in the world you are talking about --- other than you blasted your version of music so loud that somebody else was offended.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

buckeyeshooter wrote:...
your post is completely lost on an 'old fanny burp' like me. I have not a clue what in the world you are talking about --- other than you blasted your version of music so loud that somebody else was offended.
Well, to put it in Blaine English, I Bached them into a corner and their fugue measly amps of power were no match for my semiquiver of musical darts. I coda done more, but they were fine' before they started. :wink:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

BlaineG wrote:Let's face it....most people, except US of course, are steaming logs......
yeah, everyone ELSE is jacked up. Not me, though.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Make friends with them so you get invited to their parties. :wink:
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

rjohns94 wrote:My neighbors hold frequent parties, often shooting off fireworks and such, well into the night. they leave their lights on outside and such. I live in a community (hopefully not for much longer) and only recently I decided that my favorite time to cut grass is 7am on Saturday after a long nights party. :shock: I used to wait to till 10 or so. Not trying to be mean or spiteful, just playing by the rules they wrote.
Been there, done that...similar response. Two weekends in a row. ( I warned the other neighbors the second weekend) Do you have any idea how loud a Mac chainsaw is with the muffler removed? It'll make your teeth hurt. The trees that had to be trimmed were about 6 feet from their bedroom windows. No more loud parties, neighbors moved about 2 weeks later, problem solved. Old guys win again. 8) 8)

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

I love my neighbors. One has a big party every year on his BD. Loud live music, hundreds of guests, but at 11:01PM you could hear a pin drop. The rest of the year I hardly know he's there. The rest are so quiet I wouldn't notice if they died until maybe the mailbox was overflowing or some such.
Certified gun nut
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BlaineG wrote:I will live in my truck before being required to put up with neighbors again.
+1
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

BlaineG wrote:I will live in my truck...
I know that feeling... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

buckeyeshooter wrote:
Old Ironsights wrote:The last time I lived in the Barracks (Ft.Rich) the Homies were thumping away with some "street music" at high distortion levels out of their cheap PX stereo (Kenwood IIRC, no components but very LARGE cheap speakers) :roll: . Got tired of asking them to turn it down, so one Saturday when the brass was gone I stood out in the corridor with my remote in hand prepared to do battle in the B Company Stereo War. :evil:

Toccata and Fugue is not simply a version of music, but a type of music involving a large amount of training and skill in order to play correctly. It is something which actually helps the brain to process information when played in the background at levels just barely above audible. Mathematical geniuses and Chemistry geniuses usually love it. I know a little about the description of the hardware used to play it on and would surmise that the "wow" and "flutter" are nearly nonexistant with distortion being reached only at a level which would be painful to the ear. I used to listen to Pachelbel's Canon and Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries when the people who thought that spitting and using more curse words than any other words in their non-rhyming thumping noise started getting too obnoxious. They couldn't listen to anything which took years of training and real skill to play. I also like Country, most Rock, Gospel, and even a little Pop.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

The neighbor lady got even with me for my stereo blasting all times of night back when I was 18..Id actually crank it up about 3am ...face the speakers out the windows towards a vacant lot..then drive off and see how many blocks away I could hear it... She actually cut me a lot of slack when I tink back on it ... but one early AM when she knew I was certainly sleeping... She paraded back and forth along her fence line, which was about 8ft away from my bedroom window, smashing two trash can lids together..Rude awakening! LOL.. I took the hint!...
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Unacceptable. I hate inconsiderate, rude people. Unfortunately, that is over half the populations now. I would be up at the crack of dawn making more noise than they could tolerate. If that *** is going to make your life miserable, let him know he'll be on the receiving end as well. :evil:
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Old Ironsights wrote:
buckeyeshooter wrote:...
Well, to put it in Blaine English, I Bached them into a corner and their fugue measly amps of power were no match for my semiquiver of musical darts. I coda done more, but they were fine' before they started. :wink:
ahhh Ya??? Must be older than I thought. That certainly makes it clear as mud at midnight.
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

Few things in life will wear on a person as much as having to share walls with strangers. Or friends or relatives for that matter.

My wife and I actually once abandoned a considerable security deposit because the landlord decided to rent the other half of the duplex to people of questionable character. The first time a fight broke out on our front porch (not involving us) we cut and run from that situation.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com