used levers at the Kittery Trading Post

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
1historian
Levergunner

used levers at the Kittery Trading Post

Post by 1historian »

Every time I'm there I do an informal survey of the used Winchester 94s...very few are safe queens, more have been "rode hard etc" This time the unusual thing I noticed was the number of 38-55 caliber carbines (at least 5) and 32 specials (10+)
Several of the 38-55's mounted tang sights and at least two had half mag tubes (no barrel band) and crescent butt plates..many of the carbines had notes "cut down barrel"

The best deal was a "real hunter's carbine" 30-30, receiver sight and not a spec of finish on the receiver whee it had been carried..also had a fairly smooth action and the lowest price...
Steelbanger
Levergunner 2.0

Re: used levers at the Kittery Trading Post

Post by Steelbanger »

I check their used lever action rifles a few times a week - on-line. Bought a few over the years and was always satisfied.
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, N.R.A. Life
PRPA Member
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
allhands
Levergunner 2.0

Post by allhands »

I haven't been there in a while, but have been to Cabelas in Scarborough. The prices on all Winchesters seem to be going down, even for some of the rarer versions.(probably due to the economy). I have a few vintage winchesters and was shocked to see how their value has diminished despite being safe queens. Anyone see the same thing happening? I realize I live in what can now be considered part of the "rust belt" fringe, based on how our economic conditions are and the fact that people are selling everything to stay afloat.
Bill Nowicki
Headed "upta camp"
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

I've found actual selling prices on 94's have taken a good price drop. Folks are finally figuring out there are several million floating around so they're refusing to pay sky high prices. A few months ago I sold several "shooter grade" 94's all in the $200 range.
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

I have too bought and traded down at Kittery for many years always looking for deals and coming away happy. I would say since Cabelas opened up (about 2 years now) Kittery has lowered there prices on their guns and reloading supplies. I was told by a reliable source just before Cabelas opened up they tried to buy some of Kittery's guns but refused to do business with them, I thought that was kind of funny :lol: . Back in May I bought a nice small ring Mauser 98 in 7x57 down in Kittery that was sitting there for about a year. When the time came I had enough money I asked them what can they do on the price and they knocked off $250. I know for sure if that Mauser was up in Cabelas they wouldn't budge on the price.

Mainehunter :wink:
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

I have found them to be one of the best outfits going!
I buy from them a lot!