Newbee with a ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Derailed
Levergunner

Newbee with a ?

Post by Derailed »

Been lurking around and wanted to say hello and ask a question. There seems to be a lot of knowledgeable folks in here and I hope you may help. I know it's sorta off topic but...I have a "Replica Arms" Model 1875 chambered in 357 mag and can't find any info on it. I did the Google thing with no luck. It is made in Italy and I suspect it is a precursor to Uberti. I was left this pistol when my dad past away 15 years ago but just got to dusting it off. Just looking for info on it's origin.

I have a couple other wheel guns that I like to toy with and looking into a new Rossi lever.

Any any help would be appreciated.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Newbee with a ?

Post by J Miller »

Derailed,

Welcome to the forum.

There will be proof house and manufacturers markings on that pistol.
There also should be small rectangle on it with two letters inside. That would be the date code.
Here are a couple links that may help identify it:

https://store.bluebookinc.com/Info/PDF/ ... fmarks.pdf

http://www.phoenixinvestmentarms.com/ar ... fmarks.pdf

Hope this helps some.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Welcome aboard!

Uberti has been making firearms under their name for almost 50 years now, IIRC. Might be another Italian-import. Joe's links are good ones! :D
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Welcome Derailed. Nice Pistola...we like SA's here. Best part of all, it came from your Dad.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Derailed
Levergunner

Post by Derailed »

It looks to be a circa 1974 and is a PSF. Thanks for the links.
C. Cash wrote:Welcome Derailed. Nice Pistola...we like SA's here. Best part of all, it came from your Dad.
The one he left me I'm more fond of is the SBH 44 mag Bicentennial. :)