Savage '99, 1895 commemorative

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hartman
Levergunner 1.0

Savage '99, 1895 commemorative

Post by hartman »

Hay fellas,

Been a busy summer and haven't been around much, but have a question.

My #2 son inherited a savage '99 1895 commemorative in .308 win. in I would guess 99% plus condition. It has an octagon barrel and a crescent butt plate with gold lever. The receiver on the left has Savage Arms in gold tooling and Model 1895 in gold tooling on the right. Straight stock and lever, No box.

We've shot it a little and just put a scope on it last night because the sights leave something to be desired.

I was looking on the www. and saw a like new in box for $2650 and about stroked out.

If this rifle is worth that amount of money I am questioning the future intent of dropping it in a saddle scabbard and going hunting with it.

Can anyone tell me that the rifle is really worht that much money?

Watch yer topknot,
Hartman
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Savage '99, 1895 comemerative

Post by J Miller »

hartman,

Once it's out of the box and fired the collectors value falls off very badly. Collectors like them NIB with hang tags, warrenty cards, and all the other things. Without them it's just a very nice used rifle.

Enjoy it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
hartman
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Savage '99, 1895 comemerative

Post by hartman »

Thanks Joe, That's what I wanted to hear. I'm not a collector, only a user and will continue to be.

Hartman
Hobie

Re: Savage '99, 1895 commemorative

Post by Hobie »

Yep, you've shot it too. That gun is only worth a mere $800 or so.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
hartman
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Savage '99, 1895 commemorative

Post by hartman »

Hobie,

I dunk $800 in a saddle scabbard all the time and don't give it a second thought. But when I saw $2600 I about stroked out knowing I had shot it.

Hartman