Clint Eastwood is 80 years old

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Clint Eastwood is 80 years old

Post by RIHMFIRE »

its hard to believe....he started in 58 in Rawhide

great actor and director....

whats his best movie?....

western...The Outlaw Josie Wales...
Heck I like em all....got most of them too!

War....Kellys Heros

Cop...Dirty Harry
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Clint Eastwood is 80 years old

Post by Gun Smith »

I had friends that managed the movie ranch in Thousand Oaks where Rawhide was filmed. At that time my friends thought he was just a lazy kid around the set. Boy, has he come a long way! The Italian trillogy and the Dirty Harry series really brought him into star category. His later directing ability has shown that he one of the few stars that became great directors. He learned his craft well.

Possibily a true story. Floated around Susanville for years.
According to the story, about 30 or so years ago, he was driving south towards Reno, Nevada, on Hwy. 395 when he was stopped for excessive speed. He was probably coming from property he owned in the Burney, Cal. area. One of our local CHP officers from Susanville, after seeing his ID, said "I can't give a ticket to Dirty Harry!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Wow. And he still looks like he could kick my butt!

My favorite is "Outlaw Josey Wales", but "Dirty Harry" and the 3 spaghetti westerns come pretty close! :D
Topside
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Topside »

RIHMFIRE wrote:its hard to believe....he started in 58 in Rawhide
Happy Birthday Clint.

Good ole Rowdy Yates.
Head'em up, mov'em out!
"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast."
--Proverbs 12:10
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

how about that? same age as my dad - didn't realize that.
my dad is still strong as a horse, but probably not in the shape Mr. Eastwood is in.

If you've never seen The Eiger Sanction, add it to your list. One of his first productions, a little 70s campy in spots, but a great story and a great adventure.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

My Dad will be 80 this year too.

Clint is probably my most favorite actor. And yes, The Outlaw Josey Wales is probably my favorite film ever.

"Dieing ain't much of a living boy" :lol:
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
brno602
Levergunner 2.0

Post by brno602 »

I had the pleasure to meet Clint wile he was here filming Unforgiven in Long View Alberta. He made a comment about the bumper on my truck,something like they will get out of the way when they see that coming. He was with another actor, the Women that played the Madam in that movie Hmmm?lol
But he seemed to be very down to earth kinda guy and ya he still looks tough!
PaperPatch
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaperPatch »

I think he could still get some mileage out of the Dirty Harry series.

By now Inspector Callahan has been made Chief Of Police, and with a new wave of crime plaguing the City; the .44 comes out of retirement.

Well, a guy can dream can't he???
:wink:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I liked the Rawhide-era ones, the war movie ones, the Dirty Harry ones, and the 'Play Misty' type ones, and even (as a jazz fan) some of his jazz documentaries. I loved the Spaghetti Westerns and Josie Wales. I thought Gran Torino was a fitting capper on his career.

Gosh, I left out the 'Monkey' ones with the orangutan . . . yep, left them out, allright . . . not by accident. :?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Yea, he's somethin'. He's also the reason I paid $400 for a nickel plated Mod. 29 'Smith back in 1975, when I was 21 and making $150 a week. Yep, still have it, 7500 rounds later.------------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Unforgiven has to be my favorite of his. Outlaw Josey Wales is always a classic.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

While I love many of his films and understand that he's reportedly a swell guy, what gets me is what great shape he's in. He's a year older than my Dad who was a very stout man in his day but my Dad has lost most of his muscle mass and is, well, pretty much a very active and healthy but skinny old man! As noted in Gran Torino, Clint still has beef on his arms and his chest and it just flat out amazes me. I think he's walking proof that while we can all do our best to take care of ourselves (or not), winning the genetics lottery is a wonderful thing.

I met his long time film editor, Joel Cox, a few weeks back and he was pretty interesting himself (he's won two Oscars). Had nothing but praise for Clint.

Best,
Oly
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

I heard this on Paul Harvey's show years back, but I can't find anything else about it online. I guess you'll just have to listen to
The Rest of the Story
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Well that's just amazing. Thanks for posting that.

Best,
Oly
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Idahoser wrote:I heard this on Paul Harvey's show years back, but I can't find anything else about it online. I guess you'll just have to listen to
The Rest of the Story
That was a great story....
I had no idea he served....
thats one more reason to like him!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

C. Cash wrote:Unforgiven has to be my favorite of his.
Little Bill: "I don't deserve this, to die like this. I was building a house."

William Munny: "Deserve's has got nothing to do with it."

Little Bill: "I'll see you in Hell William Munny."

William Munny: "Yeah."

Great stuff.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

66GTO wrote:
C. Cash wrote:Unforgiven has to be my favorite of his.
Little Bill: "I don't deserve this, to die like this. I was building a house."

William Munny: "Deserve's has got nothing to do with it."

Little Bill: "I'll see you in Hell William Munny."

William Munny: "Yeah."

Great stuff.
That fight scene is probably the best I've seen in a western....as good or better as Open Range.

My favorite line from the movie is when the Schofield Kid is going to pieces after his first killing and says something to the effect of...."Shot em on the crapper. Guess he had it coming." Clint Eastwood takes a swig of whiskey and after a pause says in his classic voice..."We've all got it comin kid." A very prophetic line.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
w30wcf
Senior Levergunner

Paint Your Wagon

Post by w30wcf »

He's looking pretty young in "Paint Your Wagon" (1969) that is playing on TCM now.
He even sings a few songs...not too bad at all!

w30wcf
aka John Kort
aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
aka w44wcf (black powder)
NRA Life member
.22 WCF, .30 WCF, .44 WCF Cartridge Historian
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

Actually Clint had a cameo appearance in an episode of "Maverick", IIRC, before his stint in "Rawhide", but I loved him in that. My favorite Spaghetti western of the trilogy was, "For A Few Dollars More". The thing he's known for above all is loyalty to people he regards as his friends. And if I were him, with his money, along with a diligent excercise program , which is ovbious, I'd be taking some anti-aging supplements, as well, like other people, women mostly, get plastic surgery, to maintain their youthful appearance. I think he's legitimately assumed the mantle of the next generation, "John Wayne". That's my story & I'm stickin to it! jd45
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

PaperPatch wrote:I think he could still get some mileage out of the Dirty Harry series.

By now Inspector Callahan has been made Chief Of Police, and with a new wave of crime plaguing the City; the .44 comes out of retirement.
Yea, except for the change "But being as this is a .500 Smith & Wesson, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"
Joel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Joel »

Years ago, Mr.Eastwood tried to run me off a river that runs through his ranch in Nor Cal. I was between the hi-water marks, actually knee deep in the river, so I was within the law. When I informed him of the law, he replied "I was hoping you didn't know about that, lots of folks don't. Be nice to my fish please." I said "Yessir" He nodded and then rode away.

Later I had heard that he tried to spearhead a new law, giving land-owner rights to the whole stream if his property bordered it for X many miles. I don't think it went anywhere.

I can't say I blame him, paying millions for a pristine ranch with trophy trout water, you don't want to see kids in cut-off jeans trampsing around.

Later I left him a momento under a Dogwood bush, wonder if he ever found it?

Great movies, Unforgiven is my favorite.
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

Regarding reprising his "Dirty Harry" character, even back when he did that "Bloodwork" movie & got his *** whipped by that Russian guy, he showed he's past doing the physical parts by now. What a shame, I know. I'd love to see him do another "Dirty Harry" movie myself. Well, thank God we've got him on film! jd45
Topside
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Topside »

jd45 wrote:Regarding reprising his "Dirty Harry" character, even back when he did that "Bloodwork" movie & got his *** whipped by that Russian guy, he showed he's past doing the physical parts by now. What a shame, I know. I'd love to see him do another "Dirty Harry" movie myself. Well, thank God we've got him on film! jd45
JD I watched Blood Work last night. This thread prompted me to see what our county library had on hand in Eastwood DVD's. Thoroughly enjoyable movie. Not a great movie, just a good one and nothing wrong with a "just a good one" if Clint's in it.

T.
"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast."
--Proverbs 12:10