Got the itch

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Got the itch

Post by hondo1892 »

I'm wanting to go rifle shopping again. I was thinking about selling a 94 Winchester rifle in 32/40 I have. Then looking for a 1950's 94 in 30-30 and a Savage 99 in 300 Savage. I don't need either but I want to change out. My wife will sream and yell if I do it. So I keep saying to myself, I don't need another lever gun, I don't need another lever gun, I don't .............. I may not be able to control the urge though. Is there a lever gunners annonimous? :D My other addiction is muzzleloaders and it's worse than my lever gun addiction.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Got the itch

Post by rjohns94 »

we are all a bunch of enablers here. you will find no shelter from temptation here, but we will patch you on the back and ohh and awww over the pictures when you post them!!! :lol:
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

rjohns94 wrote:we are all a bunch of enablers here. you will find no shelter from temptation here, but we will patch you on the back and ohh and awww over the pictures when you post them!!! :lol:
Yep, you betcha! :D
Old Law Dawg
brno602
Levergunner 2.0

Post by brno602 »

Get the 99 in 300 Savage that way you will have a honest 200+yrd deer gun in a lever, load it with a 165gr Nozler part and no Elk/Moose will stand in your way :D of course I am baised to the 99! and the .300 Savage is the best thing since sliced bread or the phone.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Yep, enablers... lies..... no, no, no that's not right.... er, excuses and diversionary schemes while you wait! :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[I was thinking about selling a 94 Winchester rifle in 32/40 I have. Then looking for a 1950's 94 in 30-30 and a Savage 99 in 300 Savage.]

Nah - That's contra-indicated. :o

KEEP the Winchester, then get a MARLIN .30-30 AND the Savage .300 ! :shock:

Then, ya see, you'll have one of EACH brand ! :mrgreen:

Fer Christmas, we kin work with ya, on adding a Browning, a Mossy, a Ruger - and maybe even a Bullard ! ;)

Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Son, you NEED aanother lever-gun and another smokepole!

Tell your wife you will give up buying lever-guns and front-loaders when she gives up shoes and a buying a seasonal wardrobe.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

"So I keep saying to myself, I don't need another lever gun, I don't need another lever gun, I don't ........"
And you came HERE for help?!?!?!?! :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

Pete I already have a Marlin 336. So I would like to get another Winchester to replace the one I have. I just don't like the 32/40 as much as I thought I would or it wouldn't be replaced.
Doc I wish I could use the old wardrobe shoe line on my wife but she's not big on those things. She really doesn't buy a lot for herself.
Lawyer Daggit
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Lawyer Daggit »

If you can avoid it don't sell the 32 40. Remember there was a reason you bought this gun and you will regret having sold it.

It took me many years to work this out. Now I never sell a gun unless it is failing to perform in a way I cannot fix.