OT- Holster

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Holster

Post by Andrew »

I have been a little stumped looking for a holster to fit the Ruger Old Army coming my way. I don't see any holsters that say "old army" in the descriptions. I have searched all over with no luck.

I want one that's fairly nice and I want one that fits.

Are the other cap/ball revolvers of that size gonna be the same fit as the Ruger? I imagine being that they all share that lever on the bottom they would slide in a holster the same way as long as the barrel length was correct.

I am handgun illiterate and would like some help, maybe a link or two to people that sell them would be super cool. :D
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
CindyLea
Levergunner

Post by CindyLea »

http://www.simplyrugged.com/store/index.html

Ole Rob's work is grand!!! We have quite a few of his handy work around here: Holsters, belts, slides, ect.ect. and probably a few I don't know about! Once you drop your gun in his holsters, they are not budgeing untill you want them too. His prices are very reasonable..Oh yah and he is getting a line of Cold Steel knives in too!

I HIGHLY recommend giving him a ring and see if he can fix you up with what you need! Rob is a great guy!!

CindyLea
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Neat site! Thanks for sharing that.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
CindyLea
Levergunner

Post by CindyLea »

C. Cash wrote:Neat site! Thanks for sharing that.
You are most welcome! Rob is my first choice for new leather for any of my revolvers.

My husband gives me a hard time because I tell everyone I know about Rob's work. :D
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

CindyLea wrote:
My husband gives me a hard time because I tell everyone I know about Rob's work.
HaHa :lol: :lol: :lol: thats funny right there.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

You might try David Carrico, he is in your neck of the woods (Edna, KS). He does good work and has good prices. I would go for a Military Style Flap hoster or his half flap design.

http://www.carricoleather.com/oldwestleather.html
Yance
Levergunner 2.0

djpleathersmith

Post by Yance »

Andrew;

Check this link for a look at one of Doug Prudden's custom fit holsters.

http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/revie ... /24/cat/13

I ordered one for my Blackhawk Bisley and a cople of weeks ago ordered another to fit a Model P. Both fit like gloves since they're wet formed to a specific revolver.

Can't beat Doug's quality, even for more $$$.

If the link doesn't work PM me for photos of my most recent purchase.
Yance

There's a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness".

outawaysforge.wordpress.com

"Gun control" isn't about guns, it's about "control".
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Of course we all remember that Ruger had a holster especially for this revolver, a military style flap holster with the Ruger logo on the flap? They were sharp from what I remember. Heck, I almost wanted the gun because of the holster :oops: Not sure who supplied it though.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8