Vintage Picture Of The Day.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Vintage Picture Of The Day.

Post by cshold »

Here’s an add you used to see everywhere, now nowhere. I think I even remember this one in Boys Life magazine.

iceman
Senior Levergunner

Re: Vintage Picture Of The Day.

Post by iceman »

That brings back memories. I had one like that, i simply wore it out. thanks for the memories.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

Ya gotta love those prices :mrgreen:
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Pop Watts
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Pop Watts »

I just bought one of those last month.

Paid $10 Australian for it.

That is a little less than it was worth new.

Pop.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Only one like that I had I bought at a garage sale when I was a pup. Never actually worked well - had seen years, possibly decades of hard use - but it was COOL! 8)
Pathfinder09
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Pathfinder09 »

I had one of them when I was growing up. I loved it.

:D
jruppert2
Levergunner

Post by jruppert2 »

I have never posted here before but this Daisy advertisement brought back a stream of memories. My older brother had a Daisy BB gun just like this that was passed down to me. It was pretty wore out when I received it. The BB would only fly about 15' before starting to drop. If I had known better at the time, I would have look at it as good training for future shooting of a 45-70. None the less, I would sit for hours in our basement shooting at a wooden target box my dad made for me. The box allowed me to collect the BB's for reuse. I guess you could say I was a very young reloader. That was more than 40 years ago. I have to assume one of the reasons I own a Marlin 1894c was because the 1894c just looked right to me and of course the 1894c looks very much like this Daisy. I am happy to say my 1894c shoots further than 15' though. Good memories. Jeff
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

I had one of those in the late 1960's, my dad bought me a pump up Crosman for Christmas, but I wasn't strong enough to work it. So he took it back and got me this one. If I remember right, mine said Buffalo Bill on it somewhere.

Most Daisy's cocked on the down stroke, with no resistance on the lever coming back up. This one partially cocked on the down stroke, then finished cocking on the up stroke.

I even remember my first kill with it, we were staying at my aunt and uncle's farm in Arkansas and a woodpecker would hammer on a tree outside their bedroom every morning. My uncle sent me out to solve that problem, no telling how many shots it took, but I finally got that woodpecker.
Pathfinder09
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Pathfinder09 »

I know I kilt a chipmonk with it.

:D
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Any of you guys remember pulling the trigger with the lever in the down
position :?: MAN I SURE DO :oops: :roll: :shock: :? BIG OUCH
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I was the first thing my brother shot when we got a pair of these for Christmas.

:?
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

jruppert2 wrote:I have never posted here before but this Daisy advertisement brought back a stream of memories. My older brother had a Daisy BB gun just like this that was passed down to me. It was pretty wore out when I received it. The BB would only fly about 15' before starting to drop. If I had known better at the time, I would have look at it as good training for future shooting of a 45-70. None the less, I would sit for hours in our basement shooting at a wooden target box my dad made for me. The box allowed me to collect the BB's for reuse. I guess you could say I was a very young reloader. That was more than 40 years ago. I have to assume one of the reasons I own a Marlin 1894c was because the 1894c just looked right to me and of course the 1894c looks very much like this Daisy. I am happy to say my 1894c shoots further than 15' though. Good memories. Jeff
welcome home,

tell us more, better yet , SHOW us more. :D
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Had one of those winchester look alikes and the Colt look alike also. The Colt was shot so slow you could watch the bb go out and make its curving dive to wherever it wanted to go (didn't necessarily have anything to do with where the sights pointed) One of Dads friends had the Colt look alike that used the CO2 cartridges and he use it to kill cotton tails around the haystacks and tree rows
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I had the Colt also.
It WAS anemic.