1895GBL on the way

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

1895GBL on the way

Post by Mich Hunter »

Best purchase I have made this year. Every since I saw the pictures of this rifle for the SHOT show, I had to have one. I am not one of those guys that has to have the latest and greatest, but..... It looks like Marlin finally decided to make what custom smiths have been doing for quite a few years now. The brown laminate stock is also pleasing to my eyes compared to the grey stuff. From what I heard, Marlin's production would be in full swing aprox 3 months from the end of SHOT, so I wasn't expecting to pick one up for awhile. But, it seems that they are out. The few that were up on Gunbroker sold pretty dang quick and for a good chunk of change ($620 plus shipping). But if your interested in getting one, Buds gunshop has them in stock for $531 delivered. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a 1895SBL, but they seem to be moving at double the price. I know some traditionalist might not like them (Mr TERRY MURBACH), but it looks like a fine working mans rifle.

Mr. Murbach,

I promise to bring it over to the house when it arrives. :lol:
Bill_Rights
Levergunner 2.0

Re: 1895GBL on the way

Post by Bill_Rights »

Mich,

I can't find the Marlin 1895GBL on Marlin's web site. But there are some on GunBroker:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =156540988
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =156628561

Is that what you're talking about?

I like! Brown laminate stock and blued finish. I always liked that 1895SBL pattern but hated the materials. Great semi-pistolgrip buttstock. (I might swap out the big-loop lever for a little quicker one, if that's doable - a detail.) And for both, FINALLY the magazine tube runs all the way out to the end of the barrel (used to only do that with the .30-30 with their longer cartridges) and holds 6 rounds, instead of 4. Great!

Now if they'd just do the same thing in .450 Marlin chambering.... (drool).
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Re: 1895GBL on the way

Post by Mich Hunter »