Question on Weaver 6X scope

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
DavidS
Levergunner 1.0

Question on Weaver 6X scope

Post by DavidS »

I am looking at a model 75 Winchester .22 sporter that has a Weaver 6X scope mounted on it. The scope has 2 tapered or some what tear drop covers over the windage and elevation nobs. What aprox.year is this scope? And is it 3/4"or 1"tube dia.? It is mounted on a 1949 year model 75. It's hard to tell by the photos.
David S
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Late 1960's to late 1970's, 3/4".

Too bad someone D/T'd it for the scope mount(s) - they really cut the value down, over an untouched one.

How much is the asking price ?
DavidS
Levergunner 1.0

Post by DavidS »

To Pete44ru,
They are asking $850.00.Mint untouched ones seem to average $1200.00 to $1500.00. The rifle is about 95% to 98% wood and bluing condition. I am still on the fence,as the drilling and tapping really bothers me too. It is hard to find a model 75 Win.Sporter this clean. I keep trying to tell myself that I could machine a couple of plug screws on the lathe. Or should I wait for another one? If it had 1"rings,I thought about installing a period Weaver K-10 that I have.
David S