Charles Daly Gone Belly Up

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Charles Daly Gone Belly Up

Post by Shasta »

I just tried going to the Charles Daly web site and this is what I got:

To all our friends, fans, supporters and consumers of Charles Daly and by extension, KBI products, I regret to inform you that the rumors of our demise are true.

KBI is going out of business and closing its doors, effective today, January 29, 2010.

I don't want to go into each and every detail as to why this has occurred, except to say that there have been a multitude of events over the past five years that have contributed to our current situation.

For those of you with ongoing service requirements please be advised that we are currently negotiating with several companies that will be performing after-sale service of Charles Daly, CD Defense and Jericho firearms. As soon as we have finalized a contract with one of these companies we will post the name, address and contact details of that company on www.CharlesDalyForum.com, so you will know who to contact to obtain service on your KBI firearm.

Again, I wish to thank all of you that have supported our company, Charles Daly and all the other fine firearms that we have sold over the years.. This spells the end of KBI but I imagine it will certainly not mean the end of Charles Daly® and CD Defense™. Look for this excellent brand to resurface in the very near future.

Sincerely,
Michael B. Kassnar, President
K.B.I., Inc.
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Charles Daly Gone Belly Up

Post by HEAD0001 »

This isn't the first time Charles daly has done this. Tom.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

HEAD0001 wrote:This isn't the first time Charles daly has done this. Tom.
Very true Tom. The Charles Daly name goes back into the late 1800's. But i believe this is a first for Mike Kassnar. I believe KBI has been in business since the late 1970's without interuption.

I've heard a rumor that Magnum Research and the manufacturer of the Charles Daly pistols did a dirty deal on Mike and allowed Magnum Researdh/IMI to take advantage of a great deal of market research and planning on the part of KBI/Charles Daly.

If it is true I can't help but wonder if this was a factory in the demise of KBI/Charles Daly.

Anyone else hear these rumors?
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Doc,

I've seen some allusions to various factors but no specific comments on the causes for this. Some people will miss them, others not so much.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

here is a link to the rumor I've heard.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 935AAmTCYJ

I cannot vouch for the truth of the allegations. All I can say is that some folks are saying this happened and they believe it.

With the demise of KBI I can't help but wonder if ther is some truth to it.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

I'm sorry to see them go. I've had only a little experience with them from my wife getting one of their shotguns. Still, on the Charles Daly Forum Mr. Kassnar himself answered a question about it(I was looking for another stock to cut to fit it to my wife better). It seems a quality piece(the wood is gorgeous, even the replacement I bought to cut), it shoots good and my wife likes it quite well.

I'd heard about the incident with Magnum Research essentially copying KBI's research and then doing a "me too" on importing the same pistol from the manufacturer. Didn't think it would take down KBI but I knew it hurt. The real story behind this is: nobody will ask us what we want on an open forum anymore.
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."

- L. Neil Smith
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Too bad ---- i kind of fancied one of their "Little Sharps" in .38-55, but it is/was pretty far down the "guns i want" list.

Doubtful if my one potential purchase would have saved the company anyway
----- Doug
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

I just had one in my hands just a few hours ago at a gun show...
895 smackers for the CCH take down in 45 colt by ArmiSport...
and at 895 its no wonder why they are going belly up...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS