Allen Arms/Uberti Dragoon question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Allen Arms/Uberti Dragoon question

Post by Malamute »

Anyone have any information about this gun? It is Marked "Allen Arms, Santa Fe" on the top barrel flat, and Uberti on the side of the frame. It has a rather deep high polish blue on all the appropriate parts, more like a Smith 27 or Colt python grade blue. It's a first or second Dragoon, tho I didn't think to see which. I reckon either would make a fine shooter. I haven't had a chance to feel the action, but could tell that the hammer spring felt light.

The Uberti percussion guns I've seen have been pretty good quality, tho I've heard some of the older ones were not as consistant.
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Grizzly Adams »

Allen Arms was an early importer of the Uberti arms. I used to have one of the Allen Arms 1860 Henry rifles. The quality and finish was excellent, which was typical of Allen Arms. Allen Arms was bought out by Mike Harvey, and became Cimarron Arms. :)
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva