Blogs by Forum Members

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

Blogs by Forum Members

Post by Hobie »

Several years ago I started blogging (links in my signature). The first was a journal for the grandkids. The other was a place to rant about various and sundry. I know that a lot of forum members have blogs but I'm not linked to all of them. If you have a blog, post up with a link and a description perhaps including why you got started in blogging.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Blogs by Forum Members

Post by awp101 »

I don't have one. If I did, it'd be more of a blah-g... :lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Wait a minute - I thought this was my blog. :shock:

Age quod agis.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Old Savage wrote:Wait a minute - I thought this was my blog. :shock:

Age quod agis.
:lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Blog?? What's a blog??? :D

I'm guessing that a number of us here aren't really 'into' blogs and tweets and such. If I want my friends to know something, I use the old fashioned way to tell them, I call them and actually talk to them. I don't 'text' either. My grown kids tell me I'm old fashioned and reply, "Why thank you very much." That really frosts my 23yr old daughter and her older brother just rolls his eyes. :mrgreen:
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

If I want everybody to know whay I am doing I will tell my wife. Otherwise I will tell you what I want you to know.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:roll: I miss deer, lose fish and spend too much money doing so........there :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

Thought about it........for about 5 seconds. Found out Jack Nicholson was right; whole lot of people that can't handle the truth :wink:
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Below is a link to some of my blogs. I guest blog on the Leadership Connextions International Blog site. I am a partner in this organization and our mission statement is to resource underresourced Christian Leaders througout the world. This summer, I travel to Argentina and Peru to conduct some training there through this organization. During the lent season of 2009 I started to "walk for Grace", where each day I spent time on the streets of Baltimore, or in the woods or somewhere, experiencing the people I met there, and discovering the incredible gift of God's Grace in my life. The walk and my response to this understanding of Grace is what I blog about. The link takes you to the latest, so page down to get the beginning blog and then read up. I have taken this walk to the steets of Ethiopia, Baltimore, York, and I hope to one day be able to organize a movement of awareness for those whom God loves and society shuns.

http://lci.typepad.com/leaders_resourci ... n-walking/
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

For those of you wise acres who have been panning blogging with your usual high brow comedic talents :wink: :lol: I'll let you in on a little secret. My gun blog is really about letting my grandkids know what they've inherited. My goal is to write about all I've got or had and how I came to have it so that it will have a bit more meaning or interest for them. It might take a while, but I think that they will get at least one pass through my "papers" (yeah, I'm going to print it out). They are getting some neat toys and I just didn't think it was right that they would only have the thing and not know the story behind it. The big plus in doing that journal this way is that my friends I've accumulated in 27½ years of military service and family who are spread all over the world can keep up with me if they like. Some have enjoyed a bit of time away from life in Afghanistan or Iraq to see photos of "the world" and such.

The political blog? Well everyone has to vent! :lol:

JimT has a blog, www.theanswer.org
Sincerely,

Hobie

Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

Hobie wrote:For those of you wise acres who have been panning blogging with your usual high brow comedic talents :wink: :lol: I'll let you in on a little secret. My gun blog is really about letting my grandkids know what they've inherited.

Great idea Hobie, and something I ought to do.

Mine http://wpwarhawk.blogspot.com/ is mostly about long motorcycle rides, but has a little gun stuff thrown in.
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

No grandkids. Already started giving some guns to younger friends that would appreciate them. I wouldn't give my great nephews a rubber band. They'd shoot their eye out.
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

Common working guns, gun tinkering, 1911 yammerings, odds & ends-

http://sargesrollcall.blogspot.com/
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Sarge's blog is EXCELLENT! He posts far too infrequently but a great deal of info there.
Sincerely,

Hobie

alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

rjohns94 wrote:Below is a link to some of my blogs. I guest blog on the Leadership Connextions International Blog site. I am a partner in this organization and our mission statement is to resource underresourced Christian Leaders througout the world. This summer, I travel to Argentina and Peru to conduct some training there through this organization. During the lent season of 2009 I started to "walk for Grace", where each day I spent time on the streets of Baltimore, or in the woods or somewhere, experiencing the people I met there, and discovering the incredible gift of God's Grace in my life. The walk and my response to this understanding of Grace is what I blog about. The link takes you to the latest, so page down to get the beginning blog and then read up. I have taken this walk to the steets of Ethiopia, Baltimore, York, and I hope to one day be able to organize a movement of awareness for those whom God loves and society shuns.

http://lci.typepad.com/leaders_resourci ... n-walking/
Mike, what an amazing series of journal entries, and a wonderful mission. Your writings have touched me deeply. I look forward to more entries from your journal!
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

Hobie wrote:Sarge's blog is EXCELLENT! He posts far too infrequently but a great deal of info there.
Thanks Hobie, you are too kind.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I have just spent some time on your blog Sarge, I second what Hobie said.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
scarville
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scarville »

I just comment on what seems interesting at the time. When I have the time.

http://parabarbarian.blogspot.com/
What most people call a "right" is the equivalent of a dog walking on a leash. Just because your leash is a little longer than the other dogs' does not mean you don't have a master.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

As evidently one of Hobie's, "wise acres who have been panning blogging with your usual high brow comedic talents . . ." let me first say that I am honored to be among such a fine group of citizens. Seriously, I see my grown kids, friends, and neighbors texting, blogging, and tweeting and I say, "Good for you." However, when they say I should too, I say, "No thanks, I'll stick to one on one communication."

I spent 41 years working where a major part of my job was to communicate with people outside our company. We tried every sort of communication technique developed in the last 40 years and the most accurate and complete method was and still remains a face to face discussion. Second to that, the telephone and video conferencing are almost as good. All others have some degree of issues because the quality of communication goes down dramatically without direct and immediate interaction.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Anybody keep a diary/journal Steve? :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

I'm almost embarassed to say that this is the first time I've read your blog Hobie. :oops: It's pretty obvious that you're enjoying the 12CS,from the number of posts that you've mentioned it in. I'm really glad it's gone to a "working" home and is going to be used as the "tool" it was designed to be.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I know there are some more members with blogs... There's some good stuff out there!
Sincerely,

Hobie

Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

That was a great little article on the British Bulldogs, Hobie. Good stuff.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Sarge, have you replaced the rear sight on your Santa Fe Hawken yet?

I've been wanting one of that type for a future project. I think I even have one in the white somewhere in my junk pile, but no elevator. Yours is polished and browned already.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Retro
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Retro »

I've had a web page for ages, with all the stuff that interests me.

I started blogging when we bought the house, almost two years ago. So I'm basically a houseblogger. But now and then I blog about guns as well.

Decided to rather document my gun doings on web pages again. Wrote some php to go through directories and make pages based on that, not quite a database backed website but almost. Have only written the one rifle up so far, but that will change.

http://www.retro.co.za <- web
http://www.retro.co.za/blog <- blog
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

Malamute wrote:Sarge, have you replaced the rear sight on your Santa Fe Hawken yet?

I've been wanting one of that type for a future project. I think I even have one in the white somewhere in my junk pile, but no elevator. Yours is polished and browned already.
Actually, when I bobbed the barrel back it tightened groups and changed the POI enough to work with what's on there. I'm tempted to go with a primitive fixed sight but I'm gonna measure dovetails etc. & take my time ordering...like to get it right on the first try.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

yes, Hobie, I have journaled since 6th grade. In them are everything from fishing, hunting, sailing, running, cycling, spiritual and financial journals. Not to mention the journey of being a father, brother, son, and my naval career, sales career and now college instructor, an mission trip participant.
Mike Johnson,

donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

http://daytodaywitharcheryairgunsfirea. ... dness.html

is a link to my blog...

this one is on a bow hunt, though...

i do firearms and airguns, too
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

rjohns94 wrote:yes, Hobie, I have journaled since 6th grade. In them are everything from fishing, hunting, sailing, running, cycling, spiritual and financial journals. Not to mention the journey of being a father, brother, son, and my naval career, sales career and now college instructor, an mission trip participant.
We were strongly "counseled" against having a journal of any kind but that was in a life that ended back in 1976 or so and I've finally gotten over the training! :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

Great topic Hobie.
I have always enjoyed your blog. You have many excellent articles. Your article on the 357 Max helped me get my Contender shooting better.
I book marked Sarge's and Mike's for when I have more time.
For you guys that are against blogs, your blog can be anything you make it.