OT. I JUST GOT KICKED OFF THE S&W FORUM, AGAIN.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Terry Murbach
Shootist

OT. I JUST GOT KICKED OFF THE S&W FORUM, AGAIN.

Post by Terry Murbach »

THIS IS TWICE NOW AND I FEEL SO PROUD !!!
THAT COULD BE ONE OF THE MOST INTERESTING GUN SITES ON THE NET BUT IT IS RUN , AND MODERATED , BY BRAINDEAD NINNIES WHO KNOW NEXT TO NOTHING AND WHO SAY YOU CANNOT QUESTION ANYTHING, NOR ASK ANY QUESTION NEEDING AN IQ ABOVE ROOM TEMPERATURE TO ANSWER. ALL I DID WAS ASK SOME IGNORENT CHILD OF NATURE WHY HE CARED A WHIT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THOUGHT OF THE S&W GUNS HE BOUGHT, AS HE SAT THERE BEGGING FOR ACCLAMATIONS FROM THE PEANUT GALLERY. I STILL AM AMAZED THAT THERE ARE GUNNERS SO WIMPY AS THAT !!!
I HAD SORT OF FIGURED WHEN THAT NASTY COWARDLY NITWIT MIKE PACKWOOD GOT RID OF IT WE WOULD HAVE A THINKING PERSON'S S&W SITE; NOT HARDLY !!!
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT. I JUST GOT KICKED OFF THE S&W FORUM, AGAIN.

Post by Modoc ED »

Keep up the good work Terry!!!!
ED
Yer never too old
DPris
Levergunner 3.0

Post by DPris »

Aside from that, no real opinion on the matter, eh? :P
Denis
Batman1939
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Batman1939 »

I ALWAYS HEARD THAT THEY WERE JUST "ALLERGIC" TO CAPITAL LETTERS!! GOOD JOB TERRY.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Most moderators have a 2nd Lt. sort of mentality and are saddled with delusions of adequacy :P Thanks heavens Hobie has not fallen for that power trip.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

I wasn't aware it was under new ownership. I quit going there a couple of years ago because I was tired of the "collector mentality" (nice phrase for snobbery) exhibited over there. It was worse than just about any firearms website I visited. Sounds like nothing has changed...
BlaineG wrote:Most moderators have a 2nd Lt. sort of mentality and are saddled with delusions of adequacy :P
Hey, I resemble that! Can I be a Mod now? :mrgreen:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Proud of ya Terry! :D

Reminds me of the poor sap that used to work here that got fired twice in the same week. One dept. let him go, another hired him the next day and fired him the day after that! :lol:
NRA Life Member
76/444

Post by 76/444 »

Yup!!! I hear ya brother!!!

Ninnies one and all.

You can add Marlin Owners moderators and Azshooter's to that list as well. If they are not just politically correct Awipes, they have other personal agendas at work. Or, they are just not gunners! All just boils down to cliquey power hungry narcissists, in my opinion. Some I have met just left me with an unsatisfied need to meet them in person,.... maybe some day!!

Good job Terry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Well, Mr. Murbach, I see you're consistant; we aren't the only forum to benefit (?) by your renowned wit and wisdom :?
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

BlaineG wrote:Most moderators have a 2nd Lt. sort of mentality and are saddled with delusions of adequacy :P Thanks heavens Hobie has not fallen for that power trip.
I'll second that one. Many of the forums are quite clickish where it seems to be expected that you need to kiss the moderators' backsides to be part of the "in crowd". You give a nerd the title of moderator and they often become demi-gods. If you agree with their point of view you're fine, but disagree and you're a clueless idiot who gets flamed by the moderator's cronies.

It truly is a much friendly atmosphere here.
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by chadbr »

Well - that's what you get for slumming.

You need to stay "here" anyway.
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

Well, so happens I'm a mod over the S&W Forum. I volunteered to help the new owner, Lee, because he and I go back into the 80s when we had occasion to meet over mutual firearm-related interests.

The "old" S&W Forum under Mike's ownership had gotten somewhat out of control and Mike lost interest. Members were using profanity, and regularly attacking other members over differences in opinion or personal preference in firearms. There was little or no sense of humor; the Lounge was a political discussion cesspool with every other post a newslink.

Lee has changed things, and change can be difficult for those that remember the old ways and prefer them. Some folks have decided to move on.

- Lee doesn't tolerate profanity. It's a "family-safe" board.
- Lee doesn't tolerate personal attacks.
- Lee doesn't tolerate non-gun-related political discussions in the Lounge.
- Lee doesn't tolerate disrespect of one member to another.
- Lee doesn't tolerate peanut-gallery comments responses to For Sale post merchandise or asking prices.

Gee, kinda resembles the Leverguns Forum, don't it?

Anyway, that's the goal. It's a work in progress, and the goal is not quite reached. IMO, the mods there are pretty level-headed compared to those at some firearm boards which I will not mention. Lee's laid down the expectations, and asked for voluntary help to turn things around from what they were. Speaking for myself, I'm halfway to 110 and take an "E7" approach to moderating as opposed to an "O1" mentality. At least we aren't like 15 year olds like at some boards.

Some longtime members have chosen to push the limits are gone. Some have been accepted back. The S&W Forum isn't perfect, and yes, the general theme is collector-driven. However, there are many positive changes, with the creation of different sub-forums for particular models or time periods when certain models have been produced. We've received a lot of positve comments regarding the fact that members can surf posts with a child next to them and not fear coming across f-this and f-that comments or any manner of sexual innuendo.

Personally, I prefer the "family-safe" forum expectations such as here and those which Lee has instituted at the S&W Forum. But I can understand that those expectations and preferences don't mesh with those of others. I also respect the opinion of each member here.

The S&W Forum is but one firearms "horse trough" out here in Etherland. It's there, and it's up to you to drink if you so choose.

Best,

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
CraigC
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CraigC »

Must be something in the water Terry, after eight years and over 4000 posts, I got banned from TFL last week for calling somebody a "nut". Sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade. It was a waste of time anyway. ;)
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Noah Zark wrote:Well, so happens I'm a mod over the S&W Forum. I volunteered to help the new owner, Lee, because he and I go back into the 80s when we had occasion to meet over mutual firearm-related interests.

The "old" S&W Forum under Mike's ownership had gotten somewhat out of control and Mike lost interest. Members were using profanity, and regularly attacking other members over differences in opinion or personal preference in firearms. There was little or no sense of humor; the Lounge was a political discussion cesspool with every other post a newslink.

Lee has changed things, and change can be difficult for those that remember the old ways and prefer them. Some folks have decided to move on.

- Lee doesn't tolerate peanut-gallery comments responses to For Sale post merchandise or asking prices.

Anyway, that's the goal. It's a work in progress, and the goal is not quite reached. IMO, the mods there are pretty level-headed compared to those at some firearm boards which I will not mention. Lee's laid down the expectations, and asked for voluntary help to turn things around from what they were. Speaking for myself, I'm halfway to 110 and take an "E7" approach to moderating as opposed to an "O1" mentality. At least we aren't like 15 year olds like at some boards.

Some longtime members have chosen to push the limits are gone. Some have been accepted back. The S&W Forum isn't perfect, and yes, the general theme is collector-driven. However, there are many positive changes, with the creation of different sub-forums for particular models or time periods when certain models have been produced. We've received a lot of positve comments regarding the fact that members can surf posts with a child next to them and not fear coming across f-this and f-that comments or any manner of sexual innuendo.

Personally, I prefer the "family-safe" forum expectations such as here and those which Lee has instituted at the S&W Forum. But I can understand that those expectations and preferences don't mesh with those of others. The S&W Forum is but one firearms "horse trough" out here in Etherland. It's there, and it's up to you to drink if you so choose.

Best,

Noah
It's hard to look up to someone when they are talking down to you...... I lurk some over there, and the "new" forum is hung up on someone's subjective feelings of the day and the old boy network. It's NOT like here at all. Clearly, any forum that would ask a knowledgeable Icon to leave, yet tolerate ingorance in the quise of getting along is not anyplace many Men would care to be.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

Noah Zark wrote:Well, so happens I'm a mod over the S&W Forum. I volunteered to help the new owner, Lee, because he and I go back into the 80s when we had occasion to meet over mutual firearm-related interests.

Personally, I prefer the "family-safe" forum expectations such as here and those which Lee has instituted at the S&W Forum. But I can understand that those expectations and preferences don't mesh with those of others. I also respect the opinion of each member here.

The S&W Forum is but one firearms "horse trough" out here in Etherland. It's there, and it's up to you to drink if you so choose.

Best,

Noah
I HOLD YOU IN HIGH REGARD, MR ZARK, AND WILL APOLOGISE TO YOU PERSONALLY FORTHWITH RIGHT HERE AND NOW FOR ANY PROBLEMS THIS MIGHT HAVE CAUSED YOU THERE.
IT WAS SOME GAL WHO WAYLAYED ME IN MY QUESTION AS TO WHY ANYONE WOULD CARE WHAT YOU OR ANYONE ELSE BOUGHT AND OWNED.
HER CONCERNS ARE NOTHING MORE THAN PC BALOGNA IN WHICH I/YOU/ANYONE CANNOT SAY ANYTHING THAT MIGHT BE 'OFFENSIVE" TO SOMEONE ELSE AS IT WOULD REQUIRE THEM TO USE THEIR BRAIN; GOD FORBID, WE CANNOT HAVE THAT NOW, CAN WE ??!!
I ON THE OTHER HAND FIGURE IF YOU ARE NOT peeing SOMEONE OFF AT LEAST ONCE EVERYDAY YOU ARE PROBABLY A WASTE OF OXYGEN IN THAT PARTICULAR 24 HOUR PERIOD.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

BlaineG wrote:Most moderators have a 2nd Lt. sort of mentality and are saddled with delusions of adequacy :P Thanks heavens Hobie has not fallen for that power trip.
Power :!: :?: :!: What "power"? :?
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

Terry Murbach wrote: IT WAS SOME GAL WHO WAYLAYED ME IN MY QUESTION AS TO WHY ANYONE WOULD CARE WHAT YOU OR ANYONE ELSE BOUGHT AND OWNED.
HER CONCERNS ARE NOTHING MORE THAN PC BALOGNA IN WHICH I/YOU/ANYONE CANNOT SAY ANYTHING THAT MIGHT BE 'OFFENSIVE" TO SOMEONE ELSE AS IT WOULD REQUIRE THEM TO USE THEIR BRAIN; GOD FORBID, WE CANNOT HAVE THAT NOW, CAN WE ??!!
I ON THE OTHER HAND FIGURE IF YOU ARE NOT peeing SOMEONE OFF AT LEAST ONCE EVERYDAY YOU ARE PROBABLY A WASTE OF OXYGEN IN THAT PARTICULAR 24 HOUR PERIOD.
Well, since I don't want to be a "Waste of Oxygen",....you spelt "Balogna" wrong..!.... :shock:

I'm sorry, I just had to......Feelin my oats today,....Sorry Mr. Murbach... :wink:
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

:lol:
I just appreciate knowing where I stand with folk like Terry. I find when one is floundering in this crazy world it is Terry's type that can give me a slap and wake me up to see the truth.

Good on ya Terry, you keep telling them how it is :D

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

Link to the offending topic?

This I have to see for myself!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I think it was because the guy on the S&W forum stated that his guns were amazing shooters and LOUD! that may have got Terry's attention. :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Bruce
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bruce »

Terry,

Others have responded before and I will ask also.

Turn off your Caps.

Your posts are OK, but your lack of response to this Caps issue is not!!!!

Now, If you do not know how, and I mean this with respect. Look over to the left of your key board. See the key marked Caps Lock - hit it once.

It is understood that "All Caps" is yelling on the Internet and if you do this elsewhere - that is probably why your posts are being deleted/banned.
http://www.pumprifle.org/
Bruce Hamlin's Pump Rifle Forum
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

I also would love to see a link to the S&W barfight. It would be fun to see someone
yelling at other than me. :lol:
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Bruce wrote:Terry,

Turn off your Caps.

Now, If you do not know how, and I mean this with respect. Look over to the left of your key board. See the key marked Caps Lock - hit it once.

It is understood that "All Caps" is yelling on the Internet and if you do this elsewhere - that is probably why your posts are being deleted/banned.
There are reasons why Terry types in CAPS, one of them is most of us are DEAF. :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Terry,
You mean there's other forums than Leverguns? :lol:

What jerks! You forgot more than they will ever know and you would have made a nice "attraction" to their members. Their loss.

BTW, I got kicked off the AR-15 forums TWICE also. A couple of "guys who know it all about M-16's" got put in their place by someone who is addicted to antique leverguns & SA Colts. :wink:

I tell 'ya Terry, it ain't easy being old and knowledgable and trying to help people out. :D----------------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

76/444

Post by 76/444 »

Best,

Noah

Well that is an impressive bunch of words you put together,...and I truly agree with all, but two, FOR ME.

1)" - Lee doesn't tolerate disrespect of one member to another."

The above is all well and good and much needed in the atmosphere of most sites.

But, it also allows for open interpretation of every irregular, slanted, off colored word or comment to be used against the poster once it is filtered through the moderators personal experiences, vision, and agenda. Fine and dandy for those he likes,... hell for those he takes offense to.

With great powers comes great responsibility.

I have found that most one on one (or more) conflicts usually work themselves out if allowed to, with no harm, no foul. It takes a well balanced individual to execute a moderator position with maturity,... a much needed aspect of one's personality, in my opinion. And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out when someone may need a moments release of tension or when an idiot needs a little bitch slapping that really is harmless since no one is truly injured.

After all,... it is just the dam internet.

And.......the statement.......

2) "The S&W Forum is but one firearms "horse trough" out here in Etherland. It's there, and it's up to you to drink if you so choose."

This is the classic power statement of the classic in crowd, groupy, cliquey moderator or site owner! The attitude remark that turns so many off to moderators that speak such. Yours is the more politically correct version that has basically told so many ...... and this is as honest as I can be as to what it means to me..........

"This is a private site, with the owners personal ego being laid down as law upon all who come here, and , if you don't like it,.... take a hike".

Now, with all that off my chest, I will say that every site owner has every right in the world to run his house as he/she sees fit!

But,... they shouldn't claim virgin innocents when the rumors spread over the World Wide Web exposing their power trip as unacceptable. Just a simple,... "Ya, I didn't like him/her or what they said and I gave them the boot, because I could" is more acceptable to me than trying to brand those they unjustly banned as trouble makers.

They can't have it both ways. They can't shove it down some folks throats because "they can" and expect all of them to just whimper off into the corner.

Annnnnd,.... the can't bitch after putting it to an individual they just have no use for,... when that person contacts their advertisers to complain or exposing the phenomenon do as is being done here with this post.

here is a fine line between unnecessary public tongue lashings , excessive use of power and righteous civil decorum.

Call me crazy,.... but, I believe those in position's of power should be MORE understanding, MORE tolerant, MORE forgiving, MORE civil.

I guess I should be careful about here, being that none of the above are my strong suits! So I guess I better get off my soapbox.

8)
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

Maybe it's just that some folks do not know how to take "Constructive Criticism" It may hurt their feelings I guess. We will love you know matter what Terry!
oldCop
Levergunner

Post by oldCop »

I am rapidly becoming a very old man...something I neither like nor can I control. I spent 30 years of my life as a cop, a great part of which involved trying to resolve conflict between people who for one reason or another, often ego, could not be civil to one another. I also have spent the last 62 years as a gun owner (admitedly, my first was a Daisy Red Ryder at the age of 5!) and have watched many attacks on our 1st Ammendment rights from a multitude of different sources...more particularly in the last 20 or so years.

My point is, we as gun owners cannot afford the infighting that has become rampant in this country because of "in your face" attitudes.....think "devide and conquer". We need all of the gun sites regardless of whether we find their member's reasons for subscribing to that particular forum are the same as ours or not. On the other hand, I abhor elitism, and simply go away when it rears it's head. But, as long as those persons are struggling with the rest of us to protect our rights to gun ownership, I am all for them and will do nothing to damage the forum they are a part of. I simply won't participate in their conversations if I diametrically disagree with their posts. I don't consider that this is a sign of weakness, and I don't consider it as being politically expedient, I just want a whole lot of people out there fighting for my grandsons' rights to enjoy forearms as I have for these many years.

I tried hard to avoid making this sound like a rant, and I wasn't trying to take sides in this, just offering another viewpoint from one with no personal equity in the discussion other than as a lover of fine guns..or not so fine guns for that matter. There is a place for all of them, although I endeavor to buy American when I can.

Cheers..
Jim
76/444

Post by 76/444 »

game keeper wrote:

Turn off your Caps.

There are reasons why Terry types in CAPS, one of them is most of us are DEAF. :lol:

HEY!!! I resemble that statement!! :lol:

Seriously,.... i think when someone is SHOUTING in a sentence, it is RATHER OBVIOUS!!!

I never considered Terry's use of caps as SHOUTING,... that is just silly to me.

I just look at it as a way of compensating for poor vision. Actually, I enjoy all caps, bi-focals are a bitch!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

My good shooting buddy and I are both what is uphemistically called "vision impaired". I note both of us use regular type.

I have my browser set to ignore font sizes on web pages and to instead use a type size I dictate. Works like a charm.

I have tried in the past to explain this to Terry, and IMHO he doesn't CARE! Terry is gonna do it his way and expects all of us to bend to it, like it or not.

My dad was like that. he had his own pret definitions for words, expected folks to put up with his television at nosebleed volume because he refused to wear his $4000 hearing aids, etc. I once said "Dad, if four times a day you find youself saying "That guy's an a******, might be there was only ONE of those interacting poorly all day.......

Ya got a lot to offer, TM, but sometimes I think ya just get off on roughing folks up for no good reason.

SOMETIMES we bring things upon ourselves. I've done it, probably will again, but in the "Terryesque" interest of calling a spade a spade, TM, take a breath, re-read all of it, and to thy own self be true. if ya screwed up, be a big guy and admit it, at least to yourself. MAYBE all of a sudden the mods won't be on yer back if ya GO WITH THE FLOW a little bit. I mean really, dude. I frequent forums from this to the SASS wire to other gun forums, and even a biker forum I happen to like. I know how to make my point in proper prose, respecting the "church-like" atmosphere of some, or to "bust and be busted on" with the raunchiest of em where appropriate. I know that in some places (this is one) ya get hammered when ya mess with the "pets".

I got my helmet on, but it needed saying IN MY OPINION.
Certified gun nut
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

adirondakjack wrote:My good shooting buddy and I are both what is uphemistically called "vision impaired". I note both of us use regular type.

I have my browser set to ignore font sizes on web pages and to instead use a type size I dictate. Works like a charm.

I have tried in the past to explain this to Terry, and IMHO he doesn't CARE! Terry is gonna do it his way and expects all of us to bend to it, like it or not.

My dad was like that. he had his own pret definitions for words, expected folks to put up with his television at nosebleed volume because he refused to wear his $4000 hearing aids, etc. I once said "Dad, if four times a day you find youself saying "That guy's an a******, might be there was only ONE of those interacting poorly all day.......

Ya got a lot to offer, TM, but sometimes I think ya just get off on roughing folks up for no good reason.

SOMETIMES we bring things upon ourselves. I've done it, probably will again, but in the "Terryesque" interest of calling a spade a spade, TM, take a breath, re-read all of it, and to thy own self be true. if ya screwed up, be a big guy and admit it, at least to yourself. MAYBE all of a sudden the mods won't be on yer back if ya GO WITH THE FLOW a little bit. I mean really, dude. I frequent forums from this to the SASS wire to other gun forums, and even a biker forum I happen to like. I know how to make my point in proper prose, respecting the "church-like" atmosphere of some, or to "bust and be busted on" with the raunchiest of em where appropriate. I know that in some places (this is one) ya get hammered when ya mess with the "pets".

I got my helmet on, but it needed saying IN MY OPINION.
I ALWAYS LIKE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY, JACK. IF YOU WENT OVER TO THE S&W SITE AND FOUND THE POST I PUT ON THERE YOU'D BE DUMDFOUNDED AT HOW INNOCULOUS IT REALLY IS. IT IS ALMOST AS IF I'D REPORT YOU HERE FOR THIS POST AND HOBIE SAID YOU ARE ON DOUBLE PROBATION FOR THIS AND YOU BETTER STRAIGHTEN UP.

I GOT NOTICE THAT I HAVE BEEN BANNED FOR LIFE THERE. FOR LIFE MIND YOU !!! I AM NOT SURE IF THEY MEAN MY LIFE OR THE LIFE OF THE SITE WHEN GOES T/U AFTER BORING EVERYONE TO DEATH WITH THE INSIPID P/C COMMENTS THERE.

I POST ON ALMOST ALL THE OTHER NET SITES BY MY GIVEN NAME "WILL TERRY". SOMETIMES IT IS "WIL TERRY".

I ALSO POST IN NON-CAPS like this ON ALMOST ALL THE OTHER SITES BUT HAVE SUCH A TIME WITH PUNCTUATION ETC IT JUST DRIVES ME CRAZY. I HAVE TO GO BACK AND PUT IN ALL THE CAPS IN THE RIGHT PLACES ETC ETC.

But, I am gonna try to do it your way out of respect for your obvious feelings on this subject. We are gonna try it and see if anyone will believe it is really me !!! And you can bet your last dollar your Daddy and me would get along just FINE .
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Turn off your Caps.

I'm going to say this once, fogitabutit!

Well, that was what I was going to say and then Terry went all PC on me...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Mr. Murbach,

Appologize for NOTHING!
Not that you would, or should for that matter!
I haven't read what you said on that other site but willing to bet it was dead on the money!

The ninnies over on that site and a couple complainers here are off base and who gives a rat's
behind what font or print someone is typing in.

jason
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

Hobie wrote:

Turn off your Caps.

Hobie, I am gonna go with some of the fellows here and go back to no-caps. This seems important to some of the good guys here and Adirondackjack had a post here that registered big time. I think it was the story about his Daddy that clicked in for me as my Daddy has been gone now nine years next February 22, 2010.
I have a hell of a time typing in non-caps as i have to go back and put the caps where they belong and fix all the punctuation that is totally messed up for some reason. The guys here have been good to me, have been there when the DR said i was gonna be DOA shortly, and they kept my spirits up when the going was tough. Heck, folks I did not know sent me books to read and all sorts of cheery messages etc. If getting the caps habit out of my way of doing things helps please them let's go for it !!!
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

I have seen a few mods on other sites that do take it to far, LS1TECH.com has the worlds worst. I mod on two sites and both are a very good class of people just like this site. If you have good people life is easy.
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

Terry, My dad and I got along fine most of the time, and I am sure you and I would too.

Seriously, though it may seem a little thing, if ya talk out loud in church, folks probably wouldn't like it until and unless they figured ya for a waterhead (even then they wouldn't like it, they'd just grit their teeth and let it pass).

ON THI INTERNET, THIS IS YELLING, so we figure out how not to. I know, yer gonna have to get in touch with the shift key, probably the backspace as well, but try it.

As to READING THE STUFF, I use IE, and it's done this way. Go to the "tools" tab at the top of the page, select "internet options", then "accessibility", then check "ignore font sizes specified on web pages". Hit "OK" or "apply" and close that up. Then go to the "view" tab at the left top of the page, go to font size, select the one ya want, and now yer in "blind man mode" with no need to fool around while surfing the net.

try it.
Certified gun nut
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Terry Murbach wrote:Hobie, I am gonna go with some of the fellows here and go back to no-caps. This seems important to some of the good guys here and Adirondackjack had a post here that registered big time. I think it was the story about his Daddy that clicked in for me as my Daddy has been gone now nine years next February 22, 2010.
I have a hell of a time typing in non-caps as i have to go back and put the caps where they belong and fix all the punctuation that is totally messed up for some reason. The guys here have been good to me, have been there when the DR said i was gonna be DOA shortly, and they kept my spirits up when the going was tough. Heck, folks I did not know sent me books to read and all sorts of cheery messages etc. If getting the caps habit out of my way of doing things helps please them let's go for it !!!
HOBIE - BETTER MAKE THIS A STICKY; I DON'T THINK HE CAN KEEP IT UP FOR LONG, AND WE MAY WANT TO KEEP THE POST FOR SENTIMENTAL OR HISTORIC PURPOSES AFTER YOU KICK HIM OFF LEVERGUNS FOR SOME REASON OR OTHER. I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE THE DAY T.M. WOULD USE LOWER CASE; SURELY THE WORLD MUST BE COMING TO AN END. SAY YOUR PRAYERS AND HOLD ON TIGHT.... :?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I've seen some sickening politically correct nonsense occur on this board before, but bagging on TM about his preferred script is just low down and pathetic.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Bullet Bob

Post by Bullet Bob »

Well, this has been interesting. In the main, the supporters of the larger firearm community, which includes the S&W Forum, have been civil and reasoned in their response. Those who believe in a more constricted view of right and wrong, seem to use more personal attacks, sometimes involving symbols for letters to avoid the forum filter.

Certainly not blanket statements, but mostly true.

If Terry wants to type in all caps, he can go for it as far as I'm concerned, although it drives me crazy when most people do it. Go figure.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

FWiedner wrote:I've seen some sickening politically correct nonsense occur on this board before, but bagging on TM about his preferred script is just low down and pathetic.

:|

Agreed! What kind of nonsense has this turned in to? Let the man type however he wants for goodness sake. WE know he's not yelling, those that don't will see Mr. Murbach for who he is soon enough.
NRA Life Member
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

I for one still love you, Terry. Hugs and Kisses, 1886.
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

"I for one still love you, Terry. Hugs and Kisses, 1886."

OH NO .....That's just wrong............. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

1886 wrote:I for one still love you, Terry. Hugs and Kisses, 1886.
If that don't bring back all caps I don't think anything will... :lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Terry, it just means you can spend more time here. We win, the other forum loses. I'm okay with that! :wink: :D 8)
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I haven't laughed so much and had this much fun on here in a long time.

Think I'll go hunt up the thread on S&W and see what all the fuss was about. May be humorous as well.

I don't care how you type Terry, but I had to do a double take on the other thread when I first noticed you typing in lower case. I can get used to it in any event. I always enjoy seeing your perspective, and have learned from your posts.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

quit holding back, tell us what you really think. :lol:

my eyes must be going bad, i could swear there were lower case
letters in one of terry's posts. :o :wink:
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

Terry Murbach wrote:
Hobie wrote:

Turn off your Caps.

Hobie, I am gonna go with some of the fellows here and go back to no-caps. This seems important to some of the good guys here and Adirondackjack had a post here that registered big time. I think it was the story about his Daddy that clicked in for me as my Daddy has been gone now nine years next February 22, 2010.
Please don't stop using caps, your caps are one of the things I really enjoy about this site. I really don't get the yelling thing, but I am sort of slow. (BTW, cap police, that was sarcasm, don't try to explain the yelling thing)

Steve
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I WOULD SAY LEAVE TERRY ALONE ON HOW HE TYPES. THERE IS NO NEED FOR HIM TO HALF TO CHANGE. HE IS NOT UPSET HE GOT THROWN OFF THE SFW FORUM AND WE CHERISH HIS INSIGHTS IN CAPS. GEEZ :twisted: :twisted: :evil:
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I couldn't care less who types in all caps, no caps or what color text they use. Punctuation helps big time though.
It's the personal attacks and the PC stuff that's creeping into this forum that has me concerned.

Terry, you wanna use normal text OK. You wanna go back to all caps OK.
You get kicked off this forum for some pickiunie thing and I'm going with you.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Terry and I had some issues a while back. It even got a little ugly. But, I think we always respected our individual rights to say what we felt was necessary. In the end, Terry reached out to me, yes TERRY MURBACH reached out! :D And because of HIS humility (not mine), we became friends. I found out that Terry is actually full of genuine humility. And, because of his straight-forward approach, I feel like I know him better than I know some of my long time buddies.

I think it was Rush Limbaugh who referred to the politically correct American people as "The United States of The Offended". I never thought I would see "those people" on a gun forum. Oh well, I guess "Change Has Come".

Terry cheerfully wished my son and me a Merry Christmas, and he did it IN ALL CAPS. I was grateful to receive it. But, apparently, some people are so shallow that they would actually have thought he was cursing them out by saying, "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" I guess we should require him to include a disclaimer in his signature that reads, "The above post was typed using all capitol letters for the sake of convenience. This act is not intended, in any way, to convey anger or hostility."

Aren't there enough offended pansies in the world today?

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.