OT - Tom Selleck trio of movies today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

OT - Tom Selleck trio of movies today

Post by rjohns94 »

Can't say other than sleeping late and a couple hours of hunting, I didn't do much other than watch three Tom Selleck movies today. Got them for Christmas and watched Crossfire Trail, last stand at Saber River and Monte Walsh. Great movies. Monte Walsh has to be one of my favorites for sure. Your thoughts?
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Tom Selleck trio of movies today

Post by cshold »

All 3 are great movies :)
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

All three are great movies....

It was a lazy day for me too.....rainning most of the day
Watched The man who shot liberty valance, young guns, young guns II,
How the west was one, slept though most of that....
and now watching the GATORS
Tomorrow I got to get out of the house!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mklwhite »

Got them and love them. Now that you brought it up I think I may have to watch them again soon. :D The wife and I just finished "How the West was Won". I've got her hook on good movies. She's the one who bought me the Tom Selleck movies that were previously mentioned. :wink:
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I really like Crossfire Trail,

can kinda take it or leave it on Last Stand, . Sadly, i am not a fan of the Monte Walsh movie --- dont remember exactly why though

But a huge fan of most of Selleck's stuff in general
----- Doug
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Monte Walsh is a good flick. George Eads cracks me up in it. I wouldn't eat anything Larry (William Sanderson) or his brothers Darrell cooked no matter how hungry I was.

Wife and I watched a different kind of shoot-'em-up trilogy this week. Star Trek II, III, and IV.
ST IV was the voyage home to save the whales. Talk about a movie with a message to deliver! I didn't mind the message (of don't kill anything into extinction) until I found out how much Greenpeace was involved in the movie. I guess you've got to admire their dedication, even if they are a little wack-a-doodle.

If it rains Sunday I may have to dig out Josey Wales and Open Range.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I watched a spaghetti western with James Garner as the lead, yesterday.

"A Man called Sledge"

A band of roving adventurers steal a gold shipment from a prison fortress. I'm not really a James Garner fan, but he's not a bad actor. Only movie I've seen where he is a "bad" guy.

It was OK, that is, not a total waste of time.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

I don't remember a Selleck western I didn't like, I have those three and more. All are Great.
CaptainFinn
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CaptainFinn »

Oh that Tom Selleck....rascally bugger. My wife always gets one of those dreamy far-away looks in her eye whenever I'm watching one of his movies.

I used to be glad that she liked his movies, but after I caught her perusing the Magnum P.I. boxed set at Suncoast Video, I'm starting to get a little jealous.

Now she says she likes movies with Sam Elliot and Tom Berenger as well....a fella just can't win... :?
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

CaptainFinn wrote:Oh that Tom Selleck....rascally bugger. My wife always gets one of those dreamy far-away looks in her eye whenever I'm watching one of his movies.

I used to be glad that she liked his movies, but after I caught her perusing the Magnum P.I. boxed set at Suncoast Video, I'm starting to get a little jealous.

Now she says she likes movies with Sam Elliot and Tom Berenger as well....a fella just can't win... :?
I know what you'r talkin about :lol:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Need to see "Monte Walsh" - only one I didn't catch of the trio while on vacation!
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

rjohns94 wrote:Can't say other than sleeping late and a couple hours of hunting, I didn't do much other than watch three Tom Selleck movies today. Got them for Christmas and watched Crossfire Trail, last stand at Saber River and Monte Walsh. Great movies. Monte Walsh has to be one of my favorites for sure. Your thoughts?

You dirtbag! Because of you, I am in trouble now.

I was in wallyworld the other day and what did I see? A video collection containing Crossfire Trail, last stand at Saber River and Monte Walsh. stuff! So much for me trying to spend less money so I could attend to some of the wife's honey-do's around here.

Course, she didn't get mad until I went to Sears and bought a 50" TV to watch the movies on. :D

Women! Can't make em happy.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I don't think I've seen any of those :oops:

Guess I need to add those to the list.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Vancelw, sorry for the spending but we are enablers here. You have come to the wrong place if you need a support group. :lol: :lol:
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

rjohns94 wrote:Vancelw, sorry for the spending but we are enablers here. You have come to the wrong place if you need a support group. :lol: :lol:

Oh...I don't have a problem with my spending...

I tried to get the wife to watch them with me last night and she declined...

I swear I heard her mutter something about wanting to watch them by herself!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

rjohns94 wrote:Vancelw, sorry for the spending but we are enablers here. You have come to the wrong place if you need a support group. :lol: :lol:
Understatement of the DECADE!!! :lol: