OT- Date of Rifle

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

OT- Date of Rifle

Post by RustyJr »

Ive got a Remington model 721 in 270 WCF that belonged to my grandfather. I was wondering if someone could give me an approximate date as to the date of manufacture. The serial number is 2449xx.

Thanks,
RustyJr.
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT- Date of Rifle

Post by jdad »

Look on the left side of the barrel just in front of the receiver. The letter codes will give you the month and year.

Check here for your answer. http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... php?t=9555
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT- Date of Rifle

Post by RustyJr »

Thanks!! I appreciate the information.

RustyJr
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.