I took the camera!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

I took the camera!

Post by Nath »

My darling wife instructed me to get two rabbits that she had promised someone in the shop on Saturday!

Just great I thought, no wind and they need shooting in the head on my own in the dark.

Well I did not get them in the head! One got one through the ribs and the other through the base of the neck but I think they will clean up ok.

I only saw four and shot three 22 shots, within 1/2 an hour I was back in doors.

It is just above freezing here tonight and no wind, I was thinking of you guy's with that snow blowing through over there. Take care!

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Re: I took the camera!

Post by nemhed »

I typically expect a slightly high quality of photo from you, Nath. Something more artistic perhaps. Just joshing, that's great. I think you must do more hunting than anyone else in the British Isles!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Nice one Nath, they look just right for the pot. :wink:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

nemhed wrote:I typically expect a slightly high quality of photo from you, Nath. Something more artistic perhaps. Just joshing, that's great. I think you must do more hunting than anyone else in the British Isles!
Never satisfied! It was pitch black and I just pointed the camera and touched the shutter, I was quite impressed with the instinctive aiming!

Gk, these rabbits will jointed and put on a tray for sale in a shop, back legs off, saddle off, chest contents removed and split down the middle. Dog gets the kidneys :wink:

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Thanks for taking the camera along, and posting your excellent result - GOOD SHOW ! ;) :P :P

And, done with my favorite gun, x2 - a levergun, AND it's a 9422 ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

76/444

Post by 76/444 »

Thanks for the pics Nath,... really healthy good size circle runners you got there!!! You must have some contributing agriculture in the area?

8)
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Good job, Nath. I always like your pics and stories.
Old Law Dawg
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Nath, your rabbits are alot bigger than our southern cottontails. They are more the size of the ones we call swampers, swamp rabbits. Thanks for the good post as usual.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Keep shooting!
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

Nath,
I sure wish the rabbits were that easy to find here where I live in Indiana. Can walk all day here (hunting rabbits at night not legal here) and be lucky to see 1 or maybe 2. Too many coyotes I guess. Maybe if I had a couple of good beagle hounds.....................
UNITE
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Some places on this pip squeak island don't have any too, that would depress me ! I have alot of respect and admiration for rabbits now, true survivers.

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Good hunting and shooting, Nath! Thanks for posting the pic. Ya just gotta luv the 9422!!!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

mod71alaska wrote:Good hunting and shooting, Nath! Thanks for posting the pic. Ya just gotta luv the 9422!!!
Being of modest means and only ever owning 7 22 rifles in my life this is the best and is staying.
Over here folk go nuts for silencers on their 22 and think I'm nuts for having one of these because of not being able to screw one on, but I hate the darn ugly things any way besides a 22 ain't noisy anyway.

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Thanks for sharing Nath! :D
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Hey Nath, I always enjoy your rabbit hunts. What's your favorite recipe for rabbit?

Thanks for posting!

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Bogie35 wrote:Hey Nath, I always enjoy your rabbit hunts. What's your favorite recipe for rabbit?

Thanks for posting!

bogie
I tend to not fuss much over cooking my game.
It usually goes into a curry or I make burgers.
The curry is spooned into bowls and I take it work for lunch, just the trick in the cold winter.
My works have no heating and faces north.

This weeks curry will be woodcock and pheasant :D

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Sounds pretty tasty to me! Thanks!

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
Mutt
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mutt »

I reckon the feral cats keep most of the rabbits population next to 0 . It's been several years since I have seen any road kill. Course the buzzards may get most of what the cat's might leave behind. Reckon pelt month for cats might be in order.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mutt