Henry Rifle, ORIGINAL, U.S.Martially Marked,1863

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Henry Rifle, ORIGINAL, U.S.Martially Marked,1863

Post by Hagler »

Ladies & gents,

The seller that is selling the Gary Burghoff Baby revolvers (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22593) is also selling this Henry rifle:

http://v2.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte ... =146424721

He is also selling a LeMat revolver ( a little worse for wear, though):

http://v2.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte ... =147555469

...even more intersting...

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Ysabel Kid

Re: Henry Rifle, ORIGINAL, U.S.Martially Marked,1863

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Too rich for my blood! :shock:
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Did you notice that in all three of those auctions not one bid has been made?

IMO, they started their auctions at a point equal or above absolute top dollar prices on each item. I'm not surprised no one is nibbling.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Doc Hudson wrote:Did you notice that in all three of those auctions not one bid has been made?

IMO, they started their auctions at a point equal or above absolute top dollar prices on each item. I'm not surprised no one is nibbling.
Why do people DO that?? I think maybe they just dont want to sell.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

All things considered, had he started the bidding at 20K, the gun would probably approach his opener. It is doubtful that he will receive any bids, regardless of the scarcity of martially marked Henrys. Greed has overtaken common sense in this auction. :|
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

Re. Gary Burgoff. I saw him one year at the Reno gunshow strooling around trying to sell a couple of paintings. The feeling I got was "I'm Gary urgoff, a famous TV star, buy my funky amateur painting".
Now I WOULD buy a Winchester M.92 owned by John Wayne and pay a little more, but not some cheap hammerless pistol because it belonged to Gary Burgoff.

Oh, that Henry, about $30,000 based on other GB auctions would be fair.
CaptainFinn
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CaptainFinn »

Gun Smith wrote:Re. Gary Burgoff. I saw him one year at the Reno gunshow strooling around trying to sell a couple of paintings. The feeling I got was "I'm Gary urgoff, a famous TV star, buy my funky amateur painting".
Now I WOULD buy a Winchester M.92 owned by John Wayne and pay a little more, but not some cheap hammerless pistol because it belonged to Gary Burgoff.

Oh, that Henry, about $30,000 based on other GB auctions would be fair.

For some reason I keep thinking of George Costanza buying the "Jon Voight Car" (a crappy mid eighties Chrysler K-Car) on Seinfield...

Maybe the guy who played 'Rizzo' has a couple of single-barrrel H & R toppers laying around somewhere....