OI, when do you start the new job? Can you say where?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

OI, when do you start the new job? Can you say where?

Post by Hobie »

In general, how goes it?
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
OI phones in...
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OI, when do you start the new job? Can you say where?

Post by OI phones in... »

Now that I've passed POST, and am guaranteed employment (barring a criminal charge...) I will be starting at Wyoming Medium Correctional Institution (WMCI) in Torrington WY on Dec 1.

I've applied for a couple of assignments (Inmate Transport &/or Mental Health Wing), but none have been issued yet. We don't get General Population inmates until mid Jan.
I'm away from my computer right now, but if you will leave a message, I still have my Geek Tools...

GOT GUN? Get T-Shirt!! Stand up & fight Prohibition!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I wonder how long it will be before OI finds out this was all just a ruse to get him in a prison facility, where they can keep him...?

They probably did it this way because they figgered he was just to much of a badazz to send out a posse for. :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
OI phones in...
Levergunner 2.0

AJMD429 wrote:I wonder how long it will be before OI finds out this was all just a ruse to get him in a prison facility, where they can keep him...?

They probably did it this way because they figgered he was just to much of a badazz to send out a posse for. :lol:
I spent the entire day Thursday in the Max/Seg pod (E Pod) at the State Pen... and they still let me out, so I think they don't want to keep me.

Heaven can't take me, and Hell doesn't want me... :twisted:
I'm away from my computer right now, but if you will leave a message, I still have my Geek Tools...

Cliff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Cliff »

Sounds like it is a new facility. Based on my experience I would say, stay away from any psch. units. Problem at my prison, the professional staff causes more headaches, offer no control and will get in your way if something goes south. Every have to pull staff off you back when you are trying to break up a fight? Also many prisons with Psych units have pretty nice set up for the inmates. Word gets out what an easy way to do their time. You will wind up with gangs getting together. Most systems encourage the inmates to act out. To get into a Psych unit all one has to do is cut or scratch himself, say he is going to do harm to himself. The other institutions are more than happy to ship there troublesome inmates to them. Transport is a good gig. Usually you will get all you can handle, plus per diem for meals and over night stays. It was considered one of the best positions. Stay alert, be consistant and you will do good. ATB
OI phones in...
Levergunner 2.0

I have experience in Psych & Transport, so either way I'll be OK.

I'm just happy to have a job... and be out of the Daley Empire.

Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Cliff it is a brand new facility, supposed to be for non violent offenders. At least that was the hype 3 years ago when they started the planning.

OI good luck finding a house, those Rooshins down there in the valley are sure trying to put a squeeze on you guys coming in. Sort of makes a fella sick thinking about that sort of greed :x
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Prolly one of those Homeland Security places for us Domestic Terrorists.... :P ...We'll prolly see him there one of these days.... :P Please don't put me in with "Big Billy" :shock:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Nope not one of them places.,,,, supposedly anyways.
Main purpose of this one was to quit farming prisoners out all over the US.

Sort of disgusting tho, town dad's have had 3 years or more to get things ready for the influx of prisoners and employees, but nodda as of yet..... :roll: It's pretty evident by the traffic flo already, that when the thing is up and running full tilt, it's gonna be a mess down there in the valley...
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Politics?
OI phones in...
Levergunner 2.0

Don's basicly correct on the particulars.

WMCI is to primairly be a Medium/Minimum Custody facility, though because it will have a nearly complete in-house medical facility (including Geriatric, OBGYN, Mental Health, Dialysis(?) etc. Pretty much everything short of surgery.) we will be getting Max/Closed Custody inmates in for short stints as well. Also, WMCI is to be the "MEPS" ("PEPS"?) of WDOC, doing all of the inprocessing for all prisoners transferring from County to State custody. (Again, medical eval issues).

As for the unfortunate foot dragging by Torrington in getting RENTAL Housing ready/available for some 300 new families (quite a few houses to buy, but since when do folks from Michigan (80% of new COs) have a good enough credit score to buy?), well, there's really no excuse.

I found a place in Lingle though, and I like it fine there. Torrington is just too metropolitan. :wink: :lol:

DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

Why us this in the politics section? :lol:
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

OI if you've got school age kids, Lingle is the better place to be. Yoder/Veteran would be ok also, but Torrington schools are a mess.

The housing thing was supposed to of been addressed before you guys started coming in, but whether it was imcompentence, or what I don't know.
The state needs to step in here quick and get some employee housing put up.
OI phones in...
Levergunner 2.0

Don McDowell wrote:OI if you've got school age kids, Lingle is the better place to be. Yoder/Veteran would be ok also, but Torrington schools are a mess.

The housing thing was supposed to of been addressed before you guys started coming in, but whether it was imcompentence, or what I don't know.
The state needs to step in here quick and get some employee housing put up.
Go Doggers... :wink:

No kids, though the Wife may try to work for LFL. We'll see.

Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Well good luck with all the relocation efforts. Hope it all works out well.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Don McDowell wrote:Well good luck with all the relocation efforts. Hope it all works out well.
Here, here, as he raises a toast. :D
Old Law Dawg
OI phones in...
Levergunner 2.0

kimwcook wrote:
Don McDowell wrote:Well good luck with all the relocation efforts. Hope it all works out well.
Here, here, as he raises a toast. :D
Thanks! to both of you. (and all the rest of you guys too).

Heckova way to spend the Thanksgiving weekend (on a plane/driving a U-Haul cross country), but at least I've got a Job in Wyoming to be Thankful for... 8)

Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Well have fun , drive safe, and welcome home.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

OI,

I gotta chuckle... for you to say that Torrington is "too metropolitan" is plain funny! But congrats on the new job, and for escaping Daleytown!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
OI phones in...
Levergunner 2.0

Griff wrote:OI,

I gotta chuckle... for you to say that Torrington is "too metropolitan" is plain funny! But congrats on the new job, and for escaping Daleytown!
:mrgreen:

jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

So, how long ya gotta work there before you can put in for a transfer to Riverton?
OI phones in...
Levergunner 2.0

jnyork wrote:So, how long ya gotta work there before you can put in for a transfer to Riverton?
Minimum of 1 year, probably 2 (2012).

TX50Cal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX50Cal »

The prison I work at used to be a Federal Medical Center where we had low custody all the way to Max. Now we are a FCI Low and have more problems with these inmates than we ever had with the higher security guys. And we will be opening a wing for psych inmates. This should be interesting:) Good luck OI, you'll be fine.
Dave in TX
MA1 USN (Retired)
Freedom is never really free, payments come due in every generation.