OT - To our Cali brothers - I'm so sorry.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

OT - To our Cali brothers - I'm so sorry.

Post by Tycer »

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-s ... 8140.story

Not unexpected, but still freaking unfair.

If y'all have not watched the crashcourse, www.chrismartenson.com/crashcourse
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT - To our Cali brothers - I'm so sorry.

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

That's foul. If I lived there I would be outraged and would start looking to move elsewhere. What a travesty................
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

CEMENTHEAD wrote:That's foul. If I lived there I would be outraged and would start looking to move elsewhere. What a travesty................
No doubt. :evil:
Old Law Dawg
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

It's not an additional 10% of your income. It's 10% of the taxes already withheld. Say they are currently withholding $100.00 per pay period for state taxes now, they will begin to withhold $110.00 per pay period. Not a wallet buster.
ED
Yer never too old
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Hopefully it may motivate more people to push for the FairTax...

www.FairTax.org - http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer? ... about_main
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Modoc ED wrote:It's not an additional 10% of your income. It's 10% of the taxes already withheld. Say they are currently withholding $100.00 per pay period for state taxes now, they will begin to withhold $110.00 per pay period. Not a wallet buster.
Is that 10% of only the state income tax or all state withholding?

So Joe the Plumber only has to pay an extra $50 or so a month. So will that be refunded next summer in cash, check or IOU?

Sorry, I'm just a little cynical that this is just the beginning.
Last edited by Tycer on Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kind regards,
Tycer
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

Unbelievable! I am SOOO glad we moved to Oregon. The state has it's quirks, but is so different than Kalifornia.
76/444

Post by 76/444 »

AJMD429 wrote:Hopefully it may motivate more people to push for the FairTax...

How about pushing for a whole new set of politicians?
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Modoc ED wrote: Not a wallet buster.
I guess it depends on the size of your wallet.

i've seen many times when ten bucks was the difference between survival and disaster.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

76/444 wrote:

AMEN!!!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

those clowns are in desperate straits because they can't control their spending and revenues are down. They're trying every trick in the book to squeeze a percent here and half a percent there.

Yet they keep getting elected, year after year. And the rich ones are the worst, they're the ones with all the lib bumper stickers and lawn signs.

Still, funny thing is, I'm doing better here than I did when I lived elsewhere. And the weather's nice.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I can't imagine living in a place like that. Sorry but I'd have to move.

Just wait till they go broke and want the rest of the nation to bail them out.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Kind regards,
Tycer
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

76/444 wrote:

+1!!!

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
rafter-7
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rafter-7 »

76/444 wrote:

Yea start with Pelosi !!!!! she is a MAJOR burr under my saddle

^
76/444

Post by 76/444 »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE OBAMA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is a leading figurehead member of the One World Org. that basically had only ONE more country in the world to take over in their grand scheme of World Dominance!

They have been slowly programming the citizens of this country for over 50 years and decided to make their treasonous move with him. They figured he was the ONE, and they were wrong! He won the election (illegally) but he lost the end game. All that he has accomplished is to wake sleeping middle America up!

The GOOH movement is a long time overdue, and without good old Obama, only the good Lord knows how long we would have gone on taking the slow drip of indoctrination until there would be no resistance!! I believe McCain would have been a part of that slow indoctrination, nothing made me happier than to see him lose. And nothing scared me more than Obama winning.

I believe to the bottom of my sole that Americans will rise to this threat as we have to every threat before,...... and WIN!!!

off soapbox, for now 8)
Last edited by 76/444 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The problem here is too many dems. They make this stuff up and push it through because too many people here want from the govt. And that includes the ever growing # of state workers.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

76/444

Post by 76/444 »

Old Savage wrote:The problem here is too many dems. They make this stuff up and push it through because too many people here want from the govt. And that includes the ever growing # of state workers.

YUP!!! What a scam,.... take our money and then pretend they are giving it back from the "government"! How STUPID can people be?
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Yes it's sad. The CA's politicos have very limited thoughts; raise taxes and ban guns! So much of our taxes goes to pork; the politico's buddies back home get most moneys and none are cut when budget fights arise and cuts are made in Education, State Parks, and Senior Programs..

The main reason for CA's weird gun laws is the state is run by the biggest three cities; Los Angeles, San Francisco (Bay area), and Sacramento. In these areas the voters are mostly "Urbanized" and think of the "outdoors" as the area between houses that sometimes has grass (many times less than 10 ft.) or the high school football field. The only guns they are exposed to are on cop's belts or on TV. Travel excitement is when they are waiting for their GPS to tell them where the next Starbucks is. They know nothing about, nor care about those that don't live in an extremely densly populated area of less than 5 million. They have no idea where their food comes from other than Ralph's or Albertsons markets. The politicians prey on this ignorance. You only have to look at the maps of how we voted to see where the major ignorance is located (there was an initiative on the ballot receintly about chicken farming. "Save the Chickens" movement was to protect and humanly treat chickens raised for food.The maps showed the initiative passed only in the densly populated areas.) If one wants a stupid law passed they only have to say "...for the children"; everything from banning wheel weights to making me sign for ammo, "por los ninos". I have NEVER heard of any Crip, Blood, MS13 member buying any ammo.

Well, they've won. I quit. By Christmas I'll be living in Oregon. I've fought the good fight; I'm a member of the NRA, the Calif. Rifle and Pistol Assn., I sent emails to politicos, I talk nicely to folks ignorant of guns/hunting, I have circulated petitions, and I vote. I'm just outnumbered (2,000,000 to 1). Buzzards that should have been extinct a thousand years ago have more rights than I do.

Unfortunately as California goes soon goes the other states. Look for lead bullet bans sprouting up in your state (lead fishing sinkers are already banned in some states). Gun laws and Taxes aren't the only reason we're moving, but it's on the top of the list. I'd like to breathe some fresh air before I die and I'm tired of "Pressing 1 for English", and the "Urban Sprawl".

Sorry for the rant, it made me feel better and maybe I've helped some one here to fight to keep their state free, I know mine isn't...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

You can only squeeze that critter so much before finally it turns and bites ya!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Like some here that are leaving more will leave that are actually pulling the wagon rather than riding and it will get worse. It was basically lost at the point that the proposition that would have denied benefits to illegal aliens went down.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

It is very sad,because Ca. is absolutely one of the most beautiful places at least to where I have been.I could live there in a NY minute.Anyone that has every drove down Highway 1, or hiked their Mountains,or have been in Napa wine country knows this.Just plain sad! I still as of late have been interested in Palm Springs.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

It's no big deal. Just change your witholding tax form. I ain't moving. Most all states are screwed up one way or another these days.
ED
Yer never too old
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I have no choice but to stay.

rafter-7
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rafter-7 »

Modoc ED wrote:It's no big deal. Just change your witholding tax form. I ain't moving. Most all states are screwed up one way or another these days.
not here in North Dakota and I love it!!!!
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Modoc Ed, I hate to say this, but that attitude "oh well not so bad" is what got you all to the place that you're at right now...

Falls right into my personal theory that nothing will change until people begin to feel the pain. And the marxists in control of your state's government know this and also know how to boil the frog... water's pretty warm right now but just wait.

This can not happen in Texas because we do not have an income tax.

Further, we have a $10B "rainy day fund".

We are not perfect, but we are not in the hands of marxists.

But we must be vigilant as we have an ever increasing population of illegals - just like Kali...
Last edited by O.S.O.K. on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Old Savage wrote:I have no choice but to stay.
No choice?
Old Savage wrote:Like some here that are leaving more will leave that are actually pulling the wagon rather than riding and it will get worse. It was basically lost at the point that the proposition that would have denied benefits to illegal aliens went down.
I think you are right - and that's when all hell should have broke loose. That is when the mass protests should have happened.

I am not really blaming you guys. I am saying this for all including my own edification - so that we learn and apply this to our present situation.

We need to get out and fill the streets with outrage if the dems push a healthscare bill through - that is another huge step in this marxist revolution.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

76/444 wrote:

The problem is, that most of the folks that usually vote, but not the majority of eligible voters live in Sacramento, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego. And they are predominately democrats (nothing new there). So what we have is what we probably will have for sometime. Heck, they've even tried to overturn term limits, no surprise there. The only time the majority of voters rise up is when an issue such as the ban on gay marriage arises.

Years ago, there was a taxpayer revolt with regards to property tax increases. It forced the politicians to lower the taxes, and restricted the rate they could rise. Of course the politicians spanked the population by severly cutting publich services.

Recently, there were several propositions on the ballot that would have increased income to the state from bond issues and such. The people refused to pass them. So, the politicians are spanking the population again. This time, not only have they cut services, but they are finding ways to get around the laws that control their ability to raise taxes.

Folks are unhappy. The idiots in Sacramento are blissfully ignorant of just how angry folks are. We can but hope today's voters are as smart as their parents were back in the 70's.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Doc Hudson wrote:

i've seen many times when ten bucks was the difference between survival and disaster.
It's the principle of it. Doesn't matter how much - they are stealing your hard-earned money and refuse to prioritize/focus on what's needed versus every hair-brained liberal wet-dream that comes down the pike! :evil:
76/444

Post by 76/444 »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
Doc Hudson wrote:

It's the principle of it. Doesn't matter how much - they are stealing your hard-earned money and refuse to prioritize/focus on what's needed versus every hair-brained liberal wet-dream that comes down the pike! :evil:

EXACTLY,... that's how they got the power and the finances (same thing) they have gotten! By NOT overly taxing at one sitting! It's drips and drabs that have made their theft of California (and the majority of states) citizen's income come to the large percentage it is today. Seems like everyone is willing to roll over for a few bucks, until they realize the few buck increases are coming in shorter time spans and more often. That's how they do it! That's where it has to be stopped!