Front Sight free offer for only $1200

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Front Sight free offer for only $1200

Post by Grizz »

this is the slickest sell job on the internet that I know of. but what about the training... been there? done that? what's your report?

https://www.frontsight.com/free-gun.asp?blog=10-9

thanks,
Last edited by Grizz on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Front Sight free offer for only $1200

Post by gamekeeper »

:o
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I see a mixed message on this group. They are in receivership, i.e. bankrupt. They do relentless marketing. Some folks are devoted promoters. I don't know why. Maybe this BTT will elicit an explanation.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Though the shooting skills taught are probably first rate, the self promotion sales technique make it all appear a little cheesy (that may be too mild :wink: ).
Ranch Dog
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ranch Dog »

I'm a FS member and train there every six-months. The common theme is that this outfit is bankrupt but it is a very complicated story. Three of the first members brought a lawsuit against FS because FS has not met the timetable of establishing the residential development. These guys were in for $100K.

I was at the facility in April when this legal action came to a head in that FS had some huge payment to make to these individuals. It was made on the last day at the last minute but that is something any big business would do. You don't make payments until the deadline. Front Sight was extremely open with us that week and the bottom line is that I can't believe people buy a lot that is on a 99 year lease from the BLM and is located less than 20 miles from Death Valley. I call that an idiot of the first order. FS has huge development issues to contend with at this location; water, sewage, electricity, this is an extremely remote location and I think they are doing a great job and their facilities are top notch. They are running behind on the home development.

Front Sight's emails and advertisements are a PITA but they are good at what they do. They are all about concealed carry defense and it boils down to teaching you to be on target with two killing shots, drawing from complete CC, in 1.6 seconds. They brush on home and vehicle defense but the basis of their training is YOU, walking down the street and the next thing you know you are in an armed confrontation that YOU WIN.

If you have gotten used to Bozo the Clown selling this outfit you will find FS exciting and extremely motivational. I was a grunt in a past life and the training isn't what I expected. You expect the instructor to have you drop and give you "50" but they are kind, patient, motivated and their teaching skills are unmatched. My training in the past has been that if you stop the "running", you are dropped. As an airline pilot, that is how I have to live my career life. The men and women I've learned under at FS seem to know what each and every student needs and they are able to transfer the knowledge that makes you win.

I've always shot pistols but I know deep within myself that had I had a CC encounter at anytime in the past, I would have been dead. I do know now that if you try to draw on me, you will be dead before you even touch the trigger. It is going to happen that fast. After wading through the FS BS, I thought they offered the best possible training specifically for CC defense. I liked the fact that I could buy a membership that fit my needs and return as often as I want.

I bought a handgun membership for $2000. At the end of my first four days of training I felt I had more than gotten my moneys worth. That is just $500/day. You put in three 12 hour days and one 18 hour day. That is training that cost you just $37/hour. I have a personal defense instructor here. He charges me $50/hour. He remains extremely impressed with my handgun skill set that FS has given me.

Don't feel that you have anything at risk with a FS purchase. They take all the risk. You can purchase any of the offers with your credit card at a minimum payment and if they ever fold your credit card contract is over. You get any weapons in the offer up front if you have them shipped to your FFL and as long as you get at least one training cycle in, you have really gotten your moneys worth.

Finally, FS trains 400 motivated students each weekend. It is a pleasure to be around people like yourself. I come back refreshed and knowing that I'm not alone in this crazy world. On your range you will be with people from every walk of life. You might have a guy next to you that is training SWAT team members and a housewife on the other side. It is very nice to be surrounded by winners!

Sorry for the long post but you asked.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Last year I read an article (in a gun magazine - so admittedly maybe by one of the gunwriters who loves every 'test gun' they send him) by someone who went through it and they compared it to a couple of others they'd gone through and it came out favorable. Unfortunately, even the 'free' gun offer left it out of my price range simply due to the need of taking that much time off & travel, vs. being self employed, so I didn't pay much attention to the details. Anyway, like most of those 'reviews' it was pretty favorable.

OTOH I have talked personally with Massad Ayoob (the author of "In the Gravest Extreme") at a Second Amendment seminar where we were both speakers (he's VERY pro-gun), and his courses have an excellent reputation. I ran into several activist-type-guys (and one woman) at the gun control meeting (maybe 600 attendees) who said "Wow, you were sitting next to Ayoob - I took one of his LFI-II courses, and they're really good" kind of things.

The fact that he travels so you don't have to go as far seems a plus to me, but the downside is the ranges he therefore has to use aren't as sophisticated as the 'ghost town' kind of ones some courses have.

Going to some sort of course (LFI, Frontsight, or otherwise) has stayed in the "maybe someday" category for years for me...

Ayoob's Articles from Backwoods Home magazine - http://www.backwoodshome.com/ayoob_index.html
Courses offered (click on course title for descriptions) & Travelling Schedule - http://ayoob.com/LFIschedule.html
Article about the courses - http://www.personaldefensesolutions.net ... rticle.htm

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I responded to their e-pitch and got breathless e-mail from "millionaire patriot Dr. Ignatius Piazza" for months. I suspect they really do offer good training. Just not my cup o' grog.
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

Let's see, they are giving you a $600.00 (retail) pistol, a $3.00 (on late night TV) knife, a course in self defense, and help in filling out a CC license application. Humm, that's got to be worth about $1199.00.
jjames
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jjames »

I went to a front sight coarse about a year and a half ago. Not worthwhile if your are interested in improving your marksmanship for hunting as it was primarily focused on tactical stuff. Entering rooms, shooting from the hip at 7 yards, clearing jams, different firearm carry positions, reloading under stress, etc.. I didn't like the mandantory indoctrination presentation you were obliged to attend to get your Certificate. I went I believe the month of June and it was hotter than heck out there. Everyday had people going down for dehydration.

I will acknowledge some benefit in terms of bettering the stability of my shooting stances and my preception may have been negatively influenced as I had recently had a nasty flare of my bad back which was still giving me some issues and found out three days into the four day coarse that my Leupold VX3 was screwed up bouncing my point of impact about 4 inches in elevation and 6 inches in windage at 50 yds. Leupold who had already inspected the scope when I first had gotten it and deemed it perfect found an erector screw or something loose inside.