Did you know?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Did you know?

Post by jnyork »

On every gun board we frequently find people asking for a good load for this or that cartridge. I wonder how many are aware of the website LoadData.com ? For less than the price of one reloading manual, ($30.00 per year) you can have immediate access to just about every load ever published by any manufacturer for just about any cartridge imaginable . I subscribed to this a few years ago and very seldom refer to my extensive collection of reloading manuals now. IMHO, a great investment for anyone doing any amount of reloading.

This is not to say that you dont need the manuals, if you are just getting started in reloading, a couple of good "how to do it" books would be highly recommended.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Did you know?

Post by AJMD429 »

I think I've used it a couple times, but I don't remember paying a fee...I'll have to check it out again.

I've used ammoguide.com as well, but that one has not just factory-sanctioned loads, but many 'user' ones as well (can be good or bad, depending on what you're looking to load).
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

VERY INTERESTING, AND NO, I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS SITE.
LET ME NOTE HERE AND NOW THAT I AM AWARE OF A LOADING DATA SITE THAT WAS HACKED AND MESSED WITH BIGTIME BY SOMEONE PLAYING NASTY LITTLE GAMES. I WOULD NEVER BUT NEVER USE LOADING DATA OFF THE INTERNET WITHOUT CHECKING IT AGAINST PRINTED DATA. I LIKE SEVEN[7] SOURCES OF SDATA TO CHECK. I TOSS OUT THE HIGH DATA, TOSS OUT THE LOWEST DATA, AND AVERAGE THE REST FOR A PLACE TO START AND A PLACE TO HOPEFULLY ARRIVE.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

I am with Terry on this. I only use printed data and more than one source. I do use loads that friends have given me, but only after confirming them in a proper load manual.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

jnyork wrote:On every gun board we frequently find people asking for a good load for this or that cartridge. I wonder how many are aware of the website LoadData.com ? For less than the price of one reloading manual, ($30.00 per year) you can have immediate access to just about every load ever published by any manufacturer for just about any cartridge imaginable . I subscribed to this a few years ago and very seldom refer to my extensive collection of reloading manuals now. IMHO, a great investment for anyone doing any amount of reloading.

This is not to say that you dont need the manuals, if you are just getting started in reloading, a couple of good "how to do it" books would be highly recommended.
You bet I know about it. I have subscribed to it for a couple of years now. It has load data form several sources for each caliber. A lot of info. It's part of Wolf Publishing. You can pursue without subscribing but it won't show you any data.

Here's a link for it.
http://www.loaddata.com/home/index.cfm? ... N=27410051
Ricky

DWWC
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Terry Murbach wrote:VERY INTERESTING, AND NO, I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS SITE.
LET ME NOTE HERE AND NOW THAT I AM AWARE OF A LOADING DATA SITE THAT WAS HACKED AND MESSED WITH BIGTIME BY SOMEONE PLAYING NASTY LITTLE GAMES. I WOULD NEVER BUT NEVER USE LOADING DATA OFF THE INTERNET WITHOUT CHECKING IT AGAINST PRINTED DATA. I LIKE SEVEN[7] SOURCES OF SDATA TO CHECK. I TOSS OUT THE HIGH DATA, TOSS OUT THE LOWEST DATA, AND AVERAGE THE REST FOR A PLACE TO START AND A PLACE TO HOPEFULLY ARRIVE.
Terry, with LoadData.com, you GET 7 sources of data and it is "printed" data, it is copied directly out of the loading manuals and they tell you what loading manuals it comes from.