OT-first snow

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

OT-first snow

Post by jnyork »

Lander, Wyoming had a stormy night, rain most of the time. Early morning solid grey overcast is starting to lift now, revealing the Wind River mountains white with snow down to about 5800 feet or so. :shock:

Time to head south for the winter! :D
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Re: OT-first snow

Post by Malamute »

Or north,...

We didnt get anything around Cody, was clear and nice, if a bit breezy off and on.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

so is that early or late? Of course too much human exhalation is causing the sunspots to run away and hide, so it must be late, right? You normally would have done had the first two blizzards by mid September?
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

please send snow to florida!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Idahoser wrote:so is that early or late? Of course too much human exhalation is causing the sunspots to run away and hide, so it must be late, right? You normally would have done had the first two blizzards by mid September?
It's not unusual at all, in fact a little late. We seldom have real blizzards in September, but it does happen from time to time.
b nichols
Levergunner

Post by b nichols »

gonna put a blanket over whats left of my garden tonite
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

Ugghhhhh I envy those of you who actually get a normal fall & winter!!! Here in Sacramento, it's still in the mid-90's!! We won't see summer end until mid October.
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

It was 90's as late as Saturday, then a front came through Sat night.

I havent seen much snow in Sept, other than on the mountain now and then. For the past 4 years that I recall, there has only been about 4 frosts in all of October. Had some rain 5 years ago in Oct.

I was mistaken in my earlier post, there was a very light dusting of snow on the very tops of the mountains here last night. Nothing down here, not even any sprinkles of rain. The Pryors had a little dusting of new snow.
Last edited by Malamute on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

stew71 wrote:Ugghhhhh I envy those of you who actually get a normal fall & winter!!! Here in Sacramento, it's still in the mid-90's!! We won't see summer end until mid October.
I lived is Sacto for 8 years when I was stationed at McClellan AFB. Got so sick of rain, fog and cold in the winter, used to drive up to Placerville on the weekend just to see the sun for a little while.
Wes
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wes »

We had a pretty good snow in the high Uinta's back in Aug (around the 20th). Six inches of snow at about 9000'. Had a few snows since. Cold this morning here and all day.