OT: NRA Renewal question - NOT POLYTICKLE

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

OT: NRA Renewal question - NOT POLYTICKLE

Post by J Miller »

No politics, no complaining, no griping = OK.

Recently I've been getting requests that I renew my NRA membership.
Then today I get an official statement. They want me to renew.
OK, I understand renewing a bit early, but 5 months early? My membership does not expire till next Feb.
So is this normal? If I send in the renewal now, will they remember that I did next Feb or will they forget and bill me again?

Just a question for those who know.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Jeff Quinn
Shootist

Re: OT: NRA Renewal question - NOT POLYTICKLE

Post by Jeff Quinn »

Go ahead and renew, and save them some postage. They won't forget. Or even better, join for life!
I did, and since I have eternal life, it is a great bargain. Amortized over eternity, the cost per year is too small to measure.
Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Jeff Quinn wrote:Go ahead and renew, and save them some postage. They won't forget. Or even better, join for life!
I did, and since I have eternal life, it is a great bargain. Amortized over eternity, the cost per year is too small to measure.
Jeff, since I don't live in as beautiful place as you, I'll think on the life membership for a bit.

I was planning on renewing pretty soon, well as soon as I come up with $33.00 bucks. ( $2.00 off if you renew on the internet ). But it's just after the first of the month and lots of other bills are due now.

Gotta keep the lights on ... :roll:

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

You know my opinion on the BRASS at HRAHQ...

BUT - if you can swing it, go EPL (EzPay Life) and pay the $25 quarterly. The sooner you do that, (&/or have been an annual long enough) you can help me vote the Vichy out...

Vive' La Resistance!
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Joe,(first off, with money tight I would not even worry about it till times almost up) :wink: When that time does come up!This is what
came off their website below!
Save $10 When Joining or Renewing Your NRA Membership And Support USA Carry Too!
Are you thinking about joining the NRA?

Do you already have an NRA membership and need to renew soon?

Would you like to pay $25 a year instead of $35?

Well use the link below to join the NRA or renew your membership and you will get $10 off a yearly membership making it only $25!

Click here to sign up for the NRA or renew your membership for only $25 a year.
Also there is nothing wrong with the associate membership if money is tight Joe! $10 for annual cost(hey,in tough times its better than nothing,its the qty of members that counts! Take Care!

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/general- ... y-too.html
Last edited by madman4570 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

madman4570 wrote:...(hey,in tough times its better than nothing,its the qty of members that counts!...
Well... IMO it's the quantity of VOTING members that count (if you don't vote, you are supporting the NRA Brass that supports the likes of "Dingy" Harry Reid...) but I understand the sentiment.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

And exactly why do you think they will forget you?

Look, they start early so they have a chance at keeping you connected. They know that those members whose only connection with the magazine and aren't multi-year members have a high likelihood of leaving. They are just trying to avoid that.

And this IS political. You DO need to renew and become a voting member and vote in true believers (not the quislings).
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

O.I.----I probably should keep up on that part of it more! There has been somtimes that I have not voted, but I will look closer at this.
I just kind of always thought hey my supporting this org with me and my family members is enough for this group. But--I will look at it in more depth now though. Thanks!
Hobie----OK, I wont miss any more votings! :oops: See,I need you guys to keep me in line and informed! Will do!!! Thanks guys! :)
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Hobie wrote:And exactly why do you think they will forget you?

Look, they start early so they have a chance at keeping you connected. They know that those members whose only connection with the magazine and aren't multi-year members have a high likelihood of leaving. They are just trying to avoid that.

And this IS political. You DO need to renew and become a voting member and vote in true believers (not the quislings).
Hobie,

I've been forgotten before more than once. I'm just not used to being billed 5 months before the due date. I will get it renewed pretty soon.

When I said not political I meant it in a way that would keep the thread here, rather than get it transferred to the political page and die. Well, I suppose it could die now, I've got my answer.

Joe
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Another "vote" for the the EPL method. $25 a quarter is less than a meal out every three months - or one box of most ammunition. Though we all have some arguments with the NRA, they are still our best voice - and the most feared one - representing our cause.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Old Ironsights wrote:You know my opinion on the BRASS at HRAHQ...

BUT - if you can swing it, go EPL (EzPay Life) and pay the $25 quarterly. The sooner you do that, (&/or have been an annual long enough) you can help me vote the Vichy out...

Vive' La Resistance!
I agree.

One thing though - lots of "LIFE" members out there pay the big bucks one time and never contribute further to the NRA, or the NRA-ILA (the only part which can technically 'lobby'), or GOA, JPFO, etc.

I kept a couple family memberships purposely at the "annual" level to assure we'd continue to send at least enough money to justify all that magazine postage, etc.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

What YK said!!!

Only one fighting the cause in Obamaland.

John
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Jeff Quinn wrote:Go ahead and renew, and save them some postage. They won't forget. Or even better, join for life!
I second the Life Membership suggestion.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!