Marlin 1894C SS on lay-awake.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Marlin 1894C SS on lay-awake.

Post by Rexster »

Lay-awake = layaway, during which time one lays awake in anticipation.

An attempt at posting a pic poached from the dealer's site; I got the last of three, BTW, so no mas:

Ah, well, pic too big. Something about pixies.

Yes, I know SS is ugly, but I can smell the sea when there is a SE breeze blowing. I have a blued 1894C and a blued 1894CB for when I want to look purty. Life is good.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Marlin 1894C SS on lay-awake.

Post by Rexster »

A link to the pics, for however long it lasts:

http://collectorsfirearms.com/admin/pro ... emID=31431

Yep, I am paying a awful lot, but the dealer only got three of this limited run, and is not likely to get more. If I had been able to couch up enough to purchase it outright, they would have given me a sizable discount off their sticker price.
Have Colts, will travel.

Jayhawker
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jayhawker »

Price isn't really out of line. BTW, I really like the grain on that stock. Congratulations on your new acquisition and may the wait seem short!
Well done is better than well said.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I like the caliber, the SS and the length of the barrel. You will LOVE that rifle. well done, blessings.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Not ugly at all...I'd give my "left one" to have that rifle, and it's not worth it unless you don't like it.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Levergunner 2.0

Post by .45 »

Nothin ugly about that gun. I like it!!
Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens... and the unforeseeable that which your life becomes.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

For others who are interested in the 1894 css - if you call The Outdoorsman, in Indianapolis/Greenwood IN, they may have one (they did last week), and this place will let you reserve one - http://www.thegunsource.com/item/167373 ... .aspx?SR=1 - I've reserved guns there and gotten them before, but I don't know their overall success rate. Good price, though, if you're willing to wait and/or gamble on availability.

I posted on mine a couple weeks ago when I first got it, and I know I whined some about the stock fit, etc., but they're like any other new production Marlins - very good underneath the rough edges. Mine is going to be a 'keeper' for sure.

I hope you enjoy yours as much. 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Real Purdy Lookin'
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Rexster wrote: Yes, I know SS is ugly...
Says who? Yes, my favorite finish is CCH, but I like SS and it certainly is a superior and sharp-looking finish for a lot of applications! :D
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Rexter, if you don't like it, hit me up in Oct sometime and I'll buy it......I want a good .357 to match up with my 50th Blackhawk .357..... :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

I had the .44 cal. version. It has some of the prettiest Marlin wood I have seen. Mic talked me right out of that gun. He kept talking about some special project... I miss mine. You will surely like yours. Congrats. and have fun, 1886.
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

Thanks for the compliments, and yes, I know that SS is not really ugly, but if I say it is ugly, I have beaten the naysayers to the punch, and stolen their thunder a bit. :wink: If I had arrived at the shop when the three were delivered, I probably would have dug deep and put at least two on layaway, if not all three. (Keep in mind we are a family of shooters, and if my wife takes a liking to something I have bought, well, She Must Be Obeyed. I can only hope that She Who Must Be Obeyed keeps loving her stainless Rossi '92.) I got the last one that was still left there, and consider myself lucky. This dealer has the 1894s in other chamberings relatively often, and gets plenty of 1895s, it seems. I keep ALMOST getting myself an 1895, BTW, and am glad I hesitated to do that a couple of weeks ago, because it would have made this 1894C SS difficult to afford.

Life is good!
Have Colts, will travel.