OT - Truck broken into last night

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

OT - Truck broken into last night

Post by rjohns94 »

STUPID ME. Let my guard down and got burned. Had a blackberry, GPS, and Bond Derringer stolen as a result. Normally lock the truck, forgot to do it and when I remembered, got distracted. upsets me.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Truck broken into last night

Post by kimwcook »

Sorry to hear that, Mike. I know your a religious man, but that would test my love for my fellow man to no end. More than likely punk kids checking doors. Happens all the time around here in our urban areas.
Old Law Dawg
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Very sorry to hear Mike! :x
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

That can be frustrating.

But as my late maternal grandfather used to say, "Don't cry over that which cannot, or those who will not cry over you."

Your insurance (homeowners, even though its the truck) may cover that.

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

The same thing happened to my Dad last night, with the same items taken less the gun. He was parked in his driveway and has NEVER locked the car there. Consider it a small price to pay for a lifelong lesson. I am sorry to hear this happens anywhere. Hopefully you can at least replace the material items with insurance, but the peace of mind is hard to replace.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

That Blows!

Especially that the pistol was involved!

Sorry Mike!
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Sorry for the bad news Mike!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

It's always worse somehow if they get a gun. Even if the gun is worth $100 and all the other stuff worth ten times as much.

At least it wasn't an irreplaceable, no-longer-made kind of one. Hopefully not much sentimental value with it.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Sorry to hear about that Mike. My biggest concern would be for the gun. I had one returned to me after it was used in a crime and I felt real bad about that. Not my fault somebody took my possesions and used them in a bad way but I still felt bad. Good luck Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

:evil: :evil: :evil:
NRA Life Member
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, being a victim of any crime really sucks. :x

It would be a lot worse for any of us in the UK if we were to have a gun stolen from an unlocked vehicle the police would take away all the other firearms we own! They have even taken away permits for firearms when folks have had guns stolen from locked vehicles! :evil:
The British police will use any excuse for disarming the good guys and they know exactly every legal gun that we own.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

game keeper wrote:The British police will use any excuse for disarming the good guys and they know exactly every legal gun that we own.
Now that, would really suck.
Old Law Dawg
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I think I would leave out the part of the unlocked doors on the police report.... theives now have the capability of capturing the code from your remote key entry and opening the vehicle without having to break in.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

game keeper wrote:They have even taken away permits for firearms when folks have had guns stolen from locked vehicles! :evil: The British police will use any excuse for disarming the good guys and they know exactly every legal gun that we own.
I wish more people here in the U.S. appreciated the fact that we established things so that according to the Constitution, the citizen gives permission for their employee, while on duty, to possess and carry such firearms in such manner as the citizens deem appropriate, and NOT the other way around.
I think some if not most states here do require 'within 24 hour' notification of the police of any firearms thefts, though. Mostly just a 'look-good' law to appease hoplophobes, and excuse to confiscate guns from anyone who happened to be gone or have enough other priorities they didn't get to it within the 24 hour time frame.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I feel bad the gun in on the streets right now with ammo. that is what upsets me, not the material value or the loss. I hate the thought that some brat has this and just might be stupid enough to hurt himself or worse, someone else. thanks guys. just felt the need to post it for an object lesson to all
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

My thought is that once someone knows you have guns, they might be back for more, so keep those safes lock up and full :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

good thought. they would have to get through the great dane and beagle. excellent thought though. hope they don't try that, would hate to recover my Bond defender by shooting someone.
Mike Johnson,

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I was just thinking that I probably did have the car locked, remembering that I locked it as I went in last night. But the dog was playing with the key fob and I be he unlocked the car as he was trying to pull it across the floor. I should have checked after i saw him do that.
Mike Johnson,

86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Mike - heres some humor for you.

My Dad called the Police who arrived at the scene. He told them the story. Apparently other cars were broken into in the same neighborhood at the same time. The Officer said he would call the Crime Scene Unit to process the car. About 10 minutes later a big ambulance shows up. My Dad wants to know what's going on. The Police requested an ambulance to his house. The Officer looks into it and discovers that dispatch has mixed up two calls, sending the Crime Scene Unit to the address where an ambulance was needed and the ambulance to my Dad's house. My Dad says " Great, my car is getting first aid while someone who needs first aid is getting fingerprinted". Luckily, this was not detrimental to the person who needed the ambulance!
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

oh my! :shock:
Mike Johnson,

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I've been robbed a few times, several guns over the course of 8 years, (7 on 2 ocassions); The police recovered 1, a 4-5/8" Ruger OM. That puts me way ahead of the national average on recovering stolen firearms. Th detective asked me about 3 times about "the case of .357 ammo that was on my list..." I told 'im twice that I didn't shoot magnum hollowpoints. It took that 3rd repetition and an elbow in the ribs before I "remembered" about that case of ammo!

Only things, Mike. Easy enough to replace.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Griff your right, its just things and I'm not worried about that aspect, just that one of my firearms may now be used against someone else. Hope they find them.
Mike Johnson,

Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Shucks rjohns, don't worry about the gun idiots are resourcefull people and if was not yours they'ed get their mits on another.

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

rjohns94 wrote:Griff your right, its just things and I'm not worried about that aspect, just that one of my firearms may now be used against someone else. Hope they find them.
Totally understand... the VERY uncharitable, cynical part of my brain sez "hope they shoot themselves...", but my heart sez, "no ya don't." But... on the off-chance they did... I know I'd grin, just a little and say, "...ain't fate a fickle _____." Still a little guiltily, for I know I'm a sinner, maybe someday I'll be a better person, but until then all I can do is ask forgiveness.

Sorta like, I know vengence is the Lord's; but, I hope he extracts it so I can appreciate it also. :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I dispise thieves with a passion. I'm really sorry to hear this Mike. Hopefully the little scum get caught soon! :evil:
dbateman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dbateman »

sorry to hear that rjohns some low life stole your possessions that you worked for.....I hate thieves and unlike you Griff
I would not lose a second sleep if that scum should somehow wind up shooting them selves... :evil:
I hope you stuff is recovered
Dave Bateman .

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words, matches cause fires and spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Mike, very, very sorry to hear of this. Not much you could have done it seems. I'm just glad it wasn't some sort of custom, one-of-a-kind levergun or pistol, and just a nice stock derringer that you lost. Hopefully it is easily replaced. I hope the perpatrators do no wrong with it to others as you do. But if they shoot themselves......

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

CowboyTutt wrote:But if they shoot themselves......
Andy, I was thinking/hoping the same thing! :wink: