Marlin CBC to .357?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
crowkiller
Levergunner

Marlin CBC to .357?

Post by crowkiller »

I won one of these about five years ago. Pretty nice piece, I was wondering about having sombody run a .357 reamer through it. The idea was to shoot 158-180 cast bullets. I was concurned about the twist being different or something? Anybody have any thoughts? I would just check my regualr .357 Marlin, but it is currently loaned out!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

crowkiller,

From what I remember reading about the 38 Spcl Cowboys, Marlin adjusted the action for the shorter cases too. So, if I read correctly you might need to alter or replace the lifter in addition to lengthening the chamber.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
winter1857
Levergunner

Post by winter1857 »

Those CBCs are in strong demand. You could sell it to a grateful soul for enough to buy a .357 Cowboy with some left over for powder and lead.
Like bees, we must put our lives into the sting we give.