John Wayne Commemorative Ammo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

John Wayne Commemorative Ammo

Post by meanc »

Just came back from Academy sports here in Alabama.

They had about 10 boxes of the John Wayne (1907-2007) 30-30.

It was the first time I had seen them in a store. They were $24.00 a box :shock:

They had none of the 44-40 or 45colt ammo, which I definitely would have bought.

If anyone's looking for the 30-30 let me know.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I bought a box of the .45 Colt a couple weeks before Christmas. Bout had a stroke. Almost $50.00. OUCH! But for a one time purchase I guess It's all right. The gun shop had cases of all the calibers so he might still have some.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

For some reason the John Wayne ammo is thick on Gunbroker now too.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Why not just pull a cartridge out of yer ammo locker, set it on a cotton ball, and put it beside a picture of John Wayne?

Call it "The John Wayne Commemorative Bullet".

Same deal, but it would cost less.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
coobie
Levergunner

Post by coobie »

Here is what I paid for the JW ammo per box 30-30 $25.00,44-40 $42.00,45 LC $40.00,at my local gunshop.coobie
abcollector
Levergunner 2.0

Post by abcollector »

FWiedner-
[Why not just pull a cartridge out of yer ammo locker, set it on a cotton ball, and put it beside a picture of John Wayne?]

'Cuz I think they have "special" powder in them :mrgreen:

Really I agree but some people like collecting things like that and there's nothing wrong with it. Down the road they may be able to sell it for a small fortune and then I'd be kicking myself for not doing it too! :twisted: [/quote]
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I got an e-mail from Cabelas. they have it in their bargain cave for from $24.99 to .$59.00

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.