32 Magnum

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
MR3855
Levergunner

32 Magnum

Post by MR3855 »

Is anyone making, or planning to make a 32 magnum levergun?
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Re: 32 Magnum

Post by Buffboy »

Marlin made a 32H&R magnum version of the 1894. I don't see it still cataloged which is surprising as I thought it was very popular(it is and always was pretty hard to get) .
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."

- L. Neil Smith
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Marlin took 2 years to get it out after they announced it , made it 2 or 3 years . Stopped making it for a year then made it a couple more years and now it out of production again .

I bought one when they first hit the market . Was a nice enough little rifle . Only shot cast bullets in mine . Kept it a few years and sold it LNIB about 2 months ago for more then I paid for it !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Taylors keeps saying on their web site that they have a 66 coming in 32.
I like the little cartridge, but I don't think it has as much flare as the cowboy shooters wanted in a rifle, and there probably isn't enough demand for it to make it worth a manufacturers effort.

Keep an eye out a person can find some pretty decent deals on one of the Marlins from time to time.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I don't know Don, I went to a CAS match in nearby Lakeland, Fl once and about 1/2 the ladies there were shooting .32 Rugers. I'm sure they'd love to have a rifle to match.

I don't know if that's what a lot of the ladies shoot in other places but they sure had a bunch of the there that day.

It might even give a .32-20 a run for it's money.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Well from what chronographing I've done with Carols lil 32 it does give the 32wcf a run in the handgun. If I could find a rifle I'm pretty sure it wouldn't give up much to a 32wcf in a rifle, but I still think the interest level wasn't high enough or Marlin would of kept making that keen lil rifle. I call Taylors and bug them a couple times a year about when are they going to get those 66's on the shelves. :mrgreen:
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

I wanted one also as I have all the equipment and no gun ( S&W 631 stolen by one of the local punks, most accurate gun I ever owned). Wanted and waited but gave up and got a 73 in 32-20. It will have to do until a 32 mag pops up.