OT- Cowboy saves child from a well with Lasso

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

OT- Cowboy saves child from a well with Lasso

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Good thing this ol' boy was near by when the kid fell in. :)

http://www2.arkansasonline.com/news/200 ... -out-well/

DODDRIDGE — A 7-year-old boy who fell into an abandoned water well in southwest Arkansas was rescued by a cowboy from a nearby ranch who used a lariat to lift the boy to safety.

Miller County authorities told the Texarkana Gazette that Reed Nations lassoed the boy out of the well Tuesday morning before the rescuers summoned by the boy’s grandmother could arrive.

The boy, Jonathan Easter, was helping an aunt clear brush at an old house near Doddridge when he fell 20 to 30 feet down the well, which had sand walls.

Family members could not get Jonathan out and they called for help at about 8:15 a.m. About five minutes later, the family called back to say the boy was safe and had only a cut on an arm, according to an incident report by Miller County sheriff’s deputy Alan Keller.

The family didn’t know the rescuer’s name, though neighbors told them it was Nations, who works on the Greg Williams Ranch in southern Miller County. The report says Nations retrieved the rope from his vehicle.

Arkansas State Police Sgt. John Bishop confirmed Nations rescued the boy, and described Nations as modest.

“After three tries he was able to put the rope around the boy and pull him out of the well. He is a cowboy and doesn’t want the notoriety,” Bishop said.

The Doddridge Volunteer Fire Department covered the well and told the landowner to keep the well sealed.

Nations did not return phone calls from the Gazette for comment about the rescue.

Doddridge is about four miles from the Louisiana border and about 25 miles south of Texarkana.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: OT- Cowboy saves child from a well with Lasso

Post by Old Ironsights »

What is it Girl? Timmy fell in the well again? He needs rescuing? :roll:

Forget it.

I think we should leave him there and make another. That one is just plumb too stupid to live... :twisted:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Good for the kid the parents and the hand, I always have a rope in my truck never know when you have to drag, tow,tie down or hang something. danny
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Old Ironsights wrote:What is it Girl? Timmy fell in the well again? He needs rescuing? :roll:

Forget it.

I think we should leave him there and make another. That one is just plumb too stupid to live... :twisted:
You beat me to it. Shows were getting along in years. :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Good for him.

I used to carry a lariat in my patrol cruiser just in case.
Old Law Dawg
Cosmoline
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cosmoline »

The family didn’t know the rescuer’s name
and he rode off into the sunset :lol:
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Who was that masked man?

Not unusual behavior. Back when I did the fire thing, we would sometimes arrive after someone was attending to folks. They usually just drifted away in the controlled chaos. Lots of folks do the right thing, and then just want it forgotten about.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

"...He is a cowboy and doesn’t want the notoriety,” Bishop said.
well that says it all.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

BigSky56 wrote:Good for the kid the parents and the hand, I always have a rope in my truck never know when you have to drag, tow,tie down or hang something. danny
A rope? Just one? I've generally got my soft horse/branding pen rope, a heading rope, a heavy doctoring rope, and probably a couple others!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1