Reminder

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Reminder

Post by JimT »

CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Reminder

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

:D I like it Jim. No truer words. Other than the good book of course......... :D Thanks for the "Reminder", Tom
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

Good reading!
"That'll Be The Day"
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

thanks Jim. Great article and sage wisdom.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Hoorah!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Thanks Jim, I still get comments about CCW and my old Colt SAA 5 1/2"
.45, I bought it in 1959 and it just feels good. That is a good article.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Idiot »

Hey JimT, that was a good article. I could hear echos of Col. Cooper in the background.

I've concluded that I've got to get in a couple more fist fights. It's been a while since I'd slugged it out, and for whatever reason, it's been on my mind recently. Well, thanks again for the concise and well written piece on combat mindset.
Last edited by Idiot on Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Mind set is everything..... IME, men who go looking for a fight always find one and generally don't do that well at it.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Jim, Aient that the truth, most people arent willing, few things in life give more satisfaction than having some *** shoot at you and miss. The Good Book say's to love your enemies my grandpa said to keep your guns oiled too. danny
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Good read Jim!
A lot of wisdom right there.
Thanks!
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

Good article Jim. Makes a man think.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

You mean all that fun stuff I've bought over the years wasn't essential... :cry:

Actually, declining income (declining insurance reimbursements, office staff's health insurance) and our own health insurance and expenses, has necessitated a 'thinning of the herd' - and I'm finding the fancy stuff is often easiest to part with. It's the plain old guns that just plain 'work' that are keepers.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

I won more fights when I was a kid simply because I didn't hesitate. If you told me you were gonna kick my butt, you'd better be swinging as you said it.
I learned that most people only want to be in a fight they're winning. Swat some loudmouth on the snout good enough to make his eyes water, and he'll likely look at you like a three year old that just learned that his mama WILL spank him. Generally, it was a good idea to smack 'em a few more times, just so they didn't think you "got lucky". If you stop whipping a coward too soon, he'll go get help or a weapon; Tease a guy you've whipped too bad, especially in front of people, and you're asking to get dry gulched.
Fight every fight as if your life depends on it; it just might. You never know who has a weapon or murderous intentions. Growing up riding broncs taught me a lot about this; when a horse had me out of position, and it looked like I was bucked off anyhow, I'd give up, and start looking for somewhere to land; a few times, I realized all the soft spots had big rocks in the middle of them. It's amazing how you can fight your way back into the saddle when you realise you're in no position to quit. Don't EVER quit! If you can do no more in a fight, you won't know it; you'll be dead. St. Peter will let you know when you can quit swinging.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That is exactly why the military puts you through basic training/boot camp. It is to instill the right mindset into you and make you forget how to quit. It ain't the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. Look at Audie Murphy, not a very big man, but he didn't quit and he didn't back down. Look at what Marine Lt. William Sells did while flying off of Kwajalein Atoll. 17 downed Japanese fighter planes, 5 downed bombers, and he died as he came in to land after giving his squadron time to scramble. The fight was over when the other pilots got into the air.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost