OT - Blackhawk Therapy

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

OT - Blackhawk Therapy

Post by mikld »

This morning I got up and had coffee while messin' about the house. Since my blood pressure has been running a bit high I checked it; 145/75.
Oh well, went to my "Gun Room" (the shed out back) and cleaned my new-to-me Ruger SS Super Blackhawk. Previous owner wasn't too good about maintenance, so last night I had stripped it down to soak in mineral spirits/Kroil/Marvel's Mystery Oil. This morning I cleaned her up real good, put her back together and went back in the house. I rechecked my BP; 120/62! Some may say it was the coffee that had made my BP high, but I like to think the Blackhawk had made my BP lower! I'll take Blackhawk Therapy any day! :D
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: OT - Blackhawk Therapy

Post by AJMD429 »

mikld wrote:This morning I got up and had coffee while messin' about the house. Since my blood pressure has been running a bit high I checked it; 145/75.
Oh well, went to my "Gun Room" (the shed out back) and cleaned my new-to-me Ruger SS Super Blackhawk. Previous owner wasn't too good about maintenance, so last night I had stripped it down to soak in mineral spirits/Kroil/Marvel's Mystery Oil. This morning I cleaned her up real good, put her back together and went back in the house. I rechecked my BP; 120/62! Some may say it was the coffee that had made my BP high, but I like to think the Blackhawk had made my BP lower! I'll take Blackhawk Therapy any day! :D
I'm going to have to start PRESCRIBING that treatment.

(...hmmm - maybe if I did that, then I could BUY guns as a 'business expense' to loan out to patients, just to see what ones worked best for THEM - you know we MUST 'individualize' treatment...! :wink: )
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Doctor,
That is a wonderful idea.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

AJMD429 wrote:
mikld wrote:This morning I got up and had coffee while messin' about the house. Since my blood pressure has been running a bit high I checked it; 145/75.
I'm going to have to start PRESCRIBING that treatment.

(...hmmm - maybe if I did that, then I could BUY guns as a 'business expense' to loan out to patients, just to see what ones worked best for THEM - you know we MUST 'individualize' treatment...! :wink: )
Doctor AJMD,

I need a new Dr, would you be willing to accept a new patient????

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

J Miller wrote:
AJMD429 wrote: Doctor AJMD,

I need a new Dr, would you be willing to accept a new patient????

Joe
We've all been TRYING to get you to move out of Hellinois, so come on over!
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Well, duh - yeah - 'course it did........ :lol:
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I'm not surprised about that. I find when I've had a tough or stressful day it can be very relaxing to me to just go to the basement and open the gunsafe and pull out some of my favorites. Fondle a little, wipe them down with a oily rag, swab a couple bores, etc. Heck, even if I'm not shooting, I'm probably in my safe three or four times a week.
NRA Life Member
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

AJMD429 wrote:
mikld wrote:...I like to think the Blackhawk had made my BP lower! I'll take Blackhawk Therapy any day! :D
I'm going to have to start PRESCRIBING that treatment....
Doc,
My health would vastly improve if I owned a Colt .45 SA. Do you take California Blue Cross health insurance?

Do you treat patients by e-mail?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Try filling this at your local pharmacy (or gun shop)

Rx: One Large-Frame, Single Action Revolver
. Caliber .45 Colt
Sig: Use at least once, weekly, as needed
. Remind patient to use eye and ear protection,
. and a safe backstop.

Refills: 1 year

JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Thanks, Doc! Bringing it to my wife and pharmacist!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

This is completely consistent with personal experience. Fondling my guns, reloading, shooting, all relieve stress in me and always have! :D