hornady 357 & ross,i and ammo cost

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
a357lever
Levergunner 2.0

hornady 357 & ross,i and ammo cost

Post by a357lever »

I shot my m92 rossi 16" it was very good. i shot 38+p shot low but good function, and shot 158sp remington357 shoots nice 50 yards 1-1/2" from bench. I tried some 140 leverevolution they shot well too. I must say they ended up the least expensive!

the remington was 44$ 50 box the hornady 17.99$ per 25 man everbody is ripping off folks on ammo but i found the hornady is competitive against any ammo . I just got some double tap 50 box 180grain cast gc about 42 per box with shipping , when i ordered 3 boxes with 1 box of 158 gold dots.{much better than buffalo bore over 67$ per 50 too much} So the rossi gets an A. Ammo cost gets a F. But fun is fun........ :D .
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Re: hornady 357 & ross,i and ammo cost

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

So, if you can find primers, will you start loading your own? (Take this as encouragement to do so :D )
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: hornady 357 & ross,i and ammo cost

Post by Old Ironsights »

#1 - Until you load your own, HUNT midsize game with Grizzley 180 WFN or Buffalo Bore WFN. SAVE THE BRASS

#2 - Until you load your own, Magtech 158gr SJSP or Independence SJSP are hard to beat. The Magtech is reasonably priced - even through Cabelas. BUT, buy whatever .357 158gr bulk ammo you can get your hands on. SAVE THE BRASS

#3 - Get ready to cast/load your own. It's easy and will cut your costs by 9/10. USE THE BRASS YOU SAVED FROM ABOVE.

Following the above advice will get you a LOOOONG way. :wink:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!