86 rebore

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Dave James
Levergunner 2.0

86 rebore

Post by Dave James »

Have been e-mailing Turnbull,and have just about decided on a rechamber and rebore of my 33, tired of trying to find flat point 33,, thinking of the 38-56 with a .375 bore to be able to use the 35 cal stuff out there now.

Any one working with the 38-56, and loads for it??
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Re: 86 rebore

Post by Mike D. »

Yes, but why?
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Mike D. wrote:Yes, but why?
Because he can...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

.......and he's tired of looking for flat point 33's. :wink:
NRA Life Member
tdoor
Levergunner

Post by tdoor »

Hi-

You could use cast bullets. I do it with my 33 Win. For a cartridge of this class, you don't really give up much in the performance area.

tdoor
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Well, my feeling is that the original barrel should be left alone and another one sought out for boring to a larger caliber. .33 caliber barrels show up fairly often on eBay, Gunbroker, and other internet sites. I have purchased several of them over the years, solely for the purpose of either replacing those in lesser condition or changing to a slightly larger caliber. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

My first reaction was "darn, another good gun turned to trash for sake of convenience". I realize it is your gun but darn it, there are only so many out there.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Reboring to .375 wont allow you to use cheap ".35 cal stuff" as they would be .357", not .375" bore.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Dave James
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dave James »

You know spare barrel ,was one that slipped my mind will look into that. .357 yep fat fingers don't help on a key board some times :lol: